Silhouette...cropping opinion

MsRaber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Just would like some opinions please...the 1st is the original shot...

image-display

This one is my 1st cropping attempt....then my 2nd

image-display

image-display

I think I like the 1st one best...with the boat still in the background. Any opinions/suggestions?

I like the first crop better. The boat somehow gives it a better feel. By the way, I am always impressed with your photos.

i prefer no horizon, no dock, and no boats. the dock and boats don't add much to the photo as the focus should be on the people; particularly in a silhouette (simple is the key). a horizon generally serves to offer perspective; it really isn't needed here as we have no clue what is in the foreground. they could be 2 feet from shore for all we know.

here's my preferred crop:

ms.jpg

I have to agree the last one , in my eye's , is a great shot! simple nicely composed has a nice feeling to it , you look at this shot in this crop and i think i focus more on a feeling that the two people would be shareing with each other.

trbo187 said:
I like the first crop better. The boat somehow gives it a better feel. By the way, I am always impressed with your photos.

Wow. :sillysmi: Thank you very much!!

I think I like Motcon's crop the best as well. Thank you for all the comments and suggestions.

I would have to agree on the first one, the boat and the horizon add to the character. Nicely done ;)

I like both crops, your first one, and Motocon's. Yours is a nice crop for a general scenic shot the boats add real character to the picture, however if your looking for an "intimate" shot, then Motocon's gives a more passionate, intimate feel.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back