What's new

Silhouettes while in Naples for C&C please

JAC526

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
1,329
Reaction score
237
Location
Cincinnati OH
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've never shot real silhouettes. So I don't really know what I'm doing.

I just kind of exposed for the sky and shot. Then if my subject wasn't dark enough I just dialed in some -EV.

Let me know what you think and thanks for looking.

--Joe

1.

untitled-8043 by JChick526, on Flickr

2.

untitled-8024 by JChick526, on Flickr

3.

untitled-8035 by JChick526, on Flickr
 
First one really beautiful; second one needs a bit more light on the person; in third one i wished the sun was seen in between mothers face and the baby; yet they are all beautiful :D
 
First one really beautiful; second one needs a bit more light on the person; in third one i wished the sun was seen in between mothers face and the baby; yet they are all beautiful :D

Man I wish I would of thought to put the sun between their faces. That's a great suggestion.
 
For me, #2 does it. I really like it, honestly. The stop is just right where the sun is punchy but not blown and the colors towards the top of the sky are still in place.

Thanks, I was happily surprised that some blue stayed up there because in my eye everything just looked red/orange.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom