What's new

Silver Efex Pro 2 is AWESOME: Comments and critiques?!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i took this shot the other day with my new Nikon d7000, and i must say i am loving the camera. I decided to get the trial version of silver efex pro 2 as i LOVE black and white photo's, so here it is.



And edit with Lightroom 3 and Photoshop CS5:
flowercontrast.jpg


Using Silver Efex Pro 2:
flowercontrast-2.jpg



Regards,
Jake
 
There's too much out of focus here for me. Some of the veins in the lower right leaf and some of the flower isn't enough for a compelling image.
 
There's too much out of focus here for me. Some of the veins in the lower right leaf and some of the flower isn't enough for a compelling image.

I took the shot intending for it to be largely oof, as i was using a wide aperture.
 
Narrow DoF doesn't always work, whether you intended it or not. Personally I find it as gimmicky and over done as selective coloring.
 
Narrow DoF doesn't always work, whether you intended it or not. Personally I find it as gimmicky and over done as selective coloring.

What, the editing, or the photo?
 
The photo.

I should have clarified in my original post: i realize the photo is nothing special and it IS cliche. I was asking more for critique's and comments on the editing. My apologies for the confusion.
 
i actually find the first edit to be more visually appealing
 
Totally adore Silver Efex it's all I use for BWs (errr.. digital that is. Not film after scanning). That being said I do prefer the first. I think I would prefer the second in terms of tonal range and detail if it was a true BW however sans the border. Honestly - I think the photo has very nice texture :)
 
Last edited:
I love Nik Silver EFEX Pro. I've been using it for a while now and it's pretty much the only program I use for converting images to B&W. To the OP.. IMO I really like your first photo you posted.
 
I bet you can achieve almost the same thing with LR (without the framing).
 
I bet you can achieve almost the same thing with LR (without the framing).

I think the structure tool get's more.. well.. structure, than lightroom can achieve. I can only push contrast and clarity so far
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom