Silvery

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
We live in a drafty old house. This is nice in the summer but when it's well below zero it's kind of interesting. This is ice on the INSIDE of a window a couple of weeks ago. This section represents a three inch section or so. The overall effect was very pretty.

Where are the "img" commands, I had to type these out by hand. I hope that's not one of the "improvements" with the upgrade.

DSC02496re650.jpg

Wow! That looks fantastic! On the inside of the glass? I'm glad I don't live in your house. :wink:

Fun texture!

To turn on the quick editing tools go to your User CP (at the top of the page)
Select edit options and scroll to the bottom
Under Misc Options change the dropdown to show Standard editor with Extra Formatting
controls.

This should give you your icons/tags back.

My Mother's house had some really interesting ice formations in the inside of her windows last week. They looked like ferns so I suggested that she drip on some green food coloring. She said "go ahead, but you have to come clean it up when it melts and runs down the wall"

Maybe next time :(

Brrrr, DrDan, that looks like you must all be shivering with cold inside your home these days! Are you? I hope not! You do have a nice fire lit in at least ONE room, haven't you? I'm really WORRIED about you now, you know!?!?!? ;)

And apart from my many worries about you, I like this photo! :)
Only yesterday did I see a documentary about the first man to ever photograph snow flakes in 1917 or so (or even earlier). Bummer I forgot that famous photographer's name, they called him "Snow", that much I remember (guess why?). They even presented some ancient old footage of him getting his camera ready for the shots of the snow flakes... interesting!
(Though yours here is ice, of course).

It was comfortable in the house, just not when we got the utility bill, the heater was running almost non-stop. The warm air would freeze when it hit the single pane window glass. Over the kitchen sink it get about 1/2 inch thick at the bottom where steam from the hot water would hit it. It doesn't stay cold here very long though. Overall I don't think the winters are any worse than they were in SC. It's supposed to be positively HOT this weekend, (60's).

I also have a screen saver which I really like. It's a hybrid cactus flower. There are magenta prickly pear here and yellow ones. There are a few hybrids which usually have yellow flowers with pink centers. This year some of the flowers were peach color. Makes a really soothing, yummy screensaver.It's a little over 2MB.

Cactus Flower Screensaver

Most reactions

New Topics

Back