Simple Water Drops Testing Flash

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally got my flash off camera so of course one of the first things I had to do was my guilty pleasure, some water drops lol

I thought working with the flash would be the biggest challenge but wouldn't ya know it was my dropping method that I couldn't get right, I couldn't get a good drip rate and size for the life of me!

I also learned that our cat Bear is driven insane by the beeping of the flash unit and after a short time shooting he wouldn't stop meowing desperately and headbutting my camera so I didn't get to mess around as long as I would have liked lol

For simplicity I had one flash set up behind my drop shining through my reflector, these were the best drops and oh my do I see potential for "other stuff" in how the light is laying on the water, this flash thing has potential ;) lol

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

This one I really liked the light on the water on the left and as composed I think it has potential for something in the dead space, text, ad, etc...

I wish my drop was more spectacular but I like the reflection of the X from the flash in this set, it will be cool to play around with especially when I add in colour and another flash eventually.

I like it, if you don't mind, what was your settings? (Like to try it myself)

Exposure0.004 sec (1/250)
Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashOn, Fired
ISO Speed

Thanks Cenote, Iso is reading at 0 but I'm pretty sure it was 100. Flash was directly behind my backdrop about 6ft away.

Thanks John :) Oh the possibilities I see in this simple test! There is a rainstorm in there I just have to find the rest of it ;)

Nice shots! You even got reflection in the drops, how cool is that.

Thanks Dave :) The reflection has been something I've wanted to play with for a while, this was super simple but effective, I'm looking forward to playing with other images and ideas with it... after I lock the cat up lol

Both are awesome, but that second shot is superb!

PR, I really like them especially the first! Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

I also learned that our cat Bear is driven insane by the beeping of the flash unit and after a short time shooting he wouldn't stop meowing desperately and headbutting my camera so I didn't get to mess around as long as I would have liked lol

I once had a Jack Russell Terrier who felt the same way about my trying to learn harmonica. I finally gave up due to all the growling and howling.

Thanks John :) Oh the possibilities I see in this simple test! There is a rainstorm in there I just have to find the rest of it ;)

Oooh! Rainstorm. Rainstorm! Raistorm!:bounce:

Thanks Propilot and C :)

C, I definitely need to figure out the cat issue, I'm definitely not giving up the flash lol
Do you see the rainstorm? I thought of your metal prints when I "saw" the storm!

Rainstorm metal print?:drool:

Ew, that smiley is a little grosser than I expected.

Ha! Yeah that smiley always seems a little creepy to me somehow lol!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back