Singh-Ray Gold-N-Blue Polarizer?

demain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I cheaped out on my last circular polarizer and bought a Sunpak for my new Sigma 18-200 OS and am not pleased with it compared to my other Quantaray Professional circular polarizer for my 50mm I have. Now Im looking into getting something really nice since I do alot of work with a polarizer and I was looking into the Singh-Ray Gold n Blue polarizer. Can anyone who has used this filter give me any input on this? Is it a good all around polarizer filter to use all the time outdoors or would I just be able to use it shooting landscapes and such? Is it worth the $180 price tag? Everything I have read about this filter has been great but I wanted to see what you guys said before I pulled the trigger. Thanks!

It's worth it, but it's not, IMO an 'every day' polarizer. It has more of a warming tone than a regular CPOL

It's worth it, but it's not, IMO an 'every day' polarizer. It has more of a warming tone than a regular CPOL

I agree. It is particularly good for changing the lighting in a scenic to make it look as if a shot taken in mid afternoon was taken toward sunset instead. It works really well with some water and sky shots too.

skieur

I see....So what would you guys recommend? A B+W Slim Multi Coated? I get alot of vignetting with my Sunpak so I'm thinking of going with something slim to cut that back alot but every slim circular polarizers Ive seen arent able to retain the use of a lens cap. Do you guys know of any slim mount polarizers that will allow me to still use my lense cap?

Last edited:
That's the thing about B+W slims......... no front threads. I got one for my WA lens but use it on all my large lenses and am very pleased with the results. Just keep the hood on and you'll be okay.

I have the Singh-Ray Grad ND and Reverse Grad ND filters in my sights but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Maybe the color intensifier down the road. The Gold/Blue seemed to specialized for me. I live in NC as well and my thoughts were the Gold/Blue would be more useful if I lived at the coast, very near a large lake (Kerr is about 1.25 hours away) or in the desert.

The B&W slim polarizer comes with a slip-on rubbery cap. I also use a neoprene hood coat.

Another vote for the B+W. ANd isnt the Singh-Ray a B type polarizer? I never even think about their filters too much, except for their variable ND but , I can justify the cost.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back