Sister of a friend

I'm with you on all the editing except for changing the background/hair color. I really liked the contrast between the green background and her natural red hair. The whole image made me think of a fairy in a forest, or something like that. I lose that feeling with the redish orange background.

I love that eye work. Your brush is magical. Good work. :thumbup:

BTW: OP, I love the unedited version. It's a great image. Then again, I have a thing for eyes, so I'm prejudiced, lol. I'd love to see more!

Here is what I came up with... I wish that I had taken the picture after playing with it! Everything was done in Lightroom 3 and Photoshop CS2.

Your original image needed very little color correction but this is what it looked like after just a small bump in exp and tint.
Jason365-12.jpg

I did some Photoshop work to her face... She had some blemishes that were easily taken care of. I went with a more glam look to her skin.
Jason365--6-2.jpg

Next I did a old paper texture (color) over her hair and background... I was going to leave her hair color alone but kinda liked the look... Just a little eraser over the texture where the hair is would have created this. I also made a copy of the image and layered it on top (pinlight)
Jason365--5-2.jpg

I then did a texture over the leaf. This was a wood chip texture (overlay) that I took down to 35%.
Jason365--4-2.jpg

I then did a rusted brick texture (overlay) to just the background. I also used my special brown eye brush (my secret brush lol) to pop her eyes and I also bumped the brightness and exposure a little.
Jason365--3-3.jpg

Now lets make the make up match the leaf...
Jason365--2-3.jpg

And add a little poem...
Jason365--33.jpg

And that's what I did to your image... Had fun with it. Layers can be a lot of fun, but like with everything else, some people like them and some despise them. I just happen to LOVE them!

Thanks for the examples but I kind of put up that I didn't want my pictures edited.

Thanks for the examples but I kind of put up that I didn't want my pictures edited.

LOL, smooth move, Jason. Also, please don't airbrush freckles away.. ever. I liked the green fake makeup and the eye brightening but the poem made my buttocks twitch a little.

I didn't remember seeing that do not edit either. I thought about giving it a shot. Oh well, maybe I just missed it.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about him saying blemishes when it was freckles.

That little blurb about God kinda seems ironic when you consider that he probably also gave her those gross freckles, too. I mean, if you believe in that sort of thing.

Removed my post... I make sure that everytime I edit an image on here the "my photos are not ok to edit" option is not selected. I may have missed it... Who knows.

I also make sure that option is not selected before I even give any CC... Take care.

Most reactions

Back