What's new

Sisters' portraits for c&c

sjconner

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 1, 2010
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Location
Montana
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some pictures I took of a pair of sisters. Let me know about the composition and exposure. I am toying with the aperature priority setting and trying out photoshop elements 8 for pp.

The first is a redo of the pp from before.

Thanks,
Susan

1.


2.


3.


4.
 
#1--both look not-so-happy, and the background is slightly distracting.

#2--nice capture!

#3--too saturated

#4--both looking pensive. Nice shot.
 
Of the four, the only one I really like is the first one.

I don't care that they are not smiling. It just isn't a feel good portrait. So what? I get a nice feeling from the sisters. Technically, your PP is very natural looking here. I just wish that the pants (lower right corner) were not so prominent and gray.

#2 Your WB or PP is off. Her hair is green. The lower third of her face is green.

#3 Crop it tighter (above the knees, down to her head, and some on the left) and fix the exposure and it would be very nice.

#4 The older sister has no looking space and I don't like her finger on the should of sister the younger (lower right corner.)

The more I look at that first one, the more I like it. Keep shooting.
 
I redid the pp on the portrait of the older girl (#2). It was pretty yellow. Is it any better?



On picture #4, when you say "looking space" do you mean leaving more room to her left (the direction she is looking in)?

Thanks for all the input. My favorite is number 1.

Susan
 
The first photo is the best of them, however there is too much overall brown. Have you tried converting it to B&W and adding some contrast? You may be more satisfied with this result.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom