Hellhound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
508653896_xG8Pi-L.jpg

520633082_D6qeN-L.jpg

Last edited:
It all depends on one's perspective, I guess. The second one could be of someone on holiday, if that holiday included a trip to the exact site of one of the Zodiac killer's attacks. To me, the staging of the first one renders it a bit less serious, whereas the second shot was taken pretty close to the exact spot where the killer materialized before the two victims and (to me, at least) seems more ominous. Part of this no doubt comes from having visited the site, so your comments are useful in that they tend to support the notion that these shots may be more context-dependent than I had intended.

It all depends on one's perspective, I guess. The second one could be of someone on holiday, if that holiday included a trip to the exact site of one of the Zodiac killer's attacks. To me, the staging of the first one renders it a bit less serious, whereas the second shot was taken pretty close to the exact spot where the killer materialized before the two victims and (to me, at least) seems more ominous. Part of this no doubt comes from having visited the site, so your comments are useful in that they tend to support the notion that these shots may be more context-dependent than I had intended.

I think you hit the nail on the head with your self-assessment. If your image could communicate 1/3rd of what you described without the above exposition, you'd have an awesome capture on your hands. That being said, this is an image that could live very well in the middle of a series. Not a lead, not a closer, but once the stage has been set for (as you noted) the context, I think this image might have a greater impact.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back