Site to use for large prints for sale

jcnash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking for a great service to utilize to sell fine art prints of photographs I have shot. The proceeds would go to acquire desperately needed equipment for a ministry. Does anyone know of a really good site where I can upload my carefully edited, very high-res images and basically handle the production, shipping, orders, etcetera? Their customer service must be top notch, and the items sold will reflect me, so they must be high quality.

However, I don't want a place that charges way too much for the product since that will be off-putting to most of the people in my "target" market. An example of "too much" is $100 for a 4x5". $300-400 for a 16x20" would be decent if its on a great paper or fiber product and matted and framed with a quality frame. I feel the price should be higher than what you would pay for a mass-market photo in frame from a "recognizable" photographer at Target or IKEA, but I have no illusions that I am a world class photographer. I am not a pro, but I (and a number of other people I know) feel that some of my shots are worth buying.

I would handle all the details myself, have them printed from the negative at my local lab, frame an matte them, etc but I work a job that has me working 72-80 hours a week. I don't have time.

I have read a few reviews online, and I recognize that there may be other threads where people ask similar questions, but I want to hear from people like me who are doing what I do. This isn't a full time job for me and never will be.

I am not interested in selling to a stock service (like istockphoto, shutterstock, etc). My work is not the kind of work that they sell.

My process: I shoot 35mm and 120 film, mostly B&W. I develop it myself or use a local, very high-quality lab that I have trusted for years. They do good business, and charge a decent price and give great results. I scan at home on a pretty good scanner. Its not a drum scanner, but I am confident that I can get good quality results up to about 20x30" scanning from a 6x6 cm or 6x4.5 cm negative. Examples are at: https://plus.google.com/photos/1049...ms/5855489763092838593?authkey=CMPan8DfjtqwdA

Thanks in advance for the replies and kindness of strangers to share their "secret."

Jerrod Nash, FF-II/EMT

Most reactions

Back