Size of a Watermark...

NordicWolf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am working on making a watermark for my photos, but I am not sure how big of a watermark I should be using. I do not want to make it so big it takes away from the photograph, but I also do not want it to be something easily trimmed off.

If this has been answered elsewhere, please direct me to it...

This is the size of my watermark, I believe it is sufficient.
$Jennifer-Small.jpg

If I apply a watermark from LR, it sizes it for you, so I don't worry about that. (I rarely use this option) I have my watermark saved as a file and I put it on a layer in PSE and am able to size it according to the photo. Doing this, I have gotten a few too big but not often.

Most of the time, I don't watermark my images though.

I try to keep my watermark professional but fun!
$0102WM.jpg
$0017WM.jpg

I am working on making a watermark for my photos, but I am not sure how big of a watermark I should be using. I do not want to make it so big it takes away from the photograph, but I also do not want it to be something easily trimmed off.

If this has been answered elsewhere, please direct me to it...
What do you want the watermark for? If it is to keep your photos from being stolen when posted on line, good luck. Ain't no such creature. If it is for prints then I suggest small, simple, name only, no fancy crap on the bottom left or right of the print. Which ever is less intrusive.

If I apply a watermark from LR, it sizes it for you, so I don't worry about that. (I rarely use this option) I have my watermark saved as a file and I put it on a layer in PSE and am able to size it according to the photo. Doing this, I have gotten a few too big but not often.

Most of the time, I don't watermark my images though.

You can change sizes and position in LR though can't you? Been a while since I set mine up but I remember doing all that.

As already said people will always find a way to steal images but you are only uploading low res stuff right? I only use a small watermark so people can look me up if they want to know the owner of the image.

13928846743_a6536b9dfb_z.jpg

bottom left, in case you missed it :)

Pfffft. Rookies.

Go big or go home!

WatermarkFun.jpg

(Raise your hand if you didn't see that coming!) :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back