Skate Shoot

tailz03

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Commercial shoot - Graphic cartoon effect.
C&C welcome

4241806674_5966de9a34_b.jpg

4241805752_a87a10b80b_b.jpg

4241032777_374e7b0533_b.jpg

I like the graphic simplicity of the first shot, but I wish there was just a little bit more of the front edge of the board visible. Maybe you could enlarge the canvas a little bit on the left side?? I dunno...the boarder is visually slamming into the left hand side of the image. Still, I like the treatment you've gone with--it looks good. The girl--doesn't work for me. She looks upset, or avoidant, she has no board, and it doesn't make sense to me,and the huge size disparity betwen her closest foot and her other foot caused by such a short focal length so close to her and her extended foot--that degree of foreshortening looks awkward and weird in this instance.

The guy with the checked shirt--I like that shot more than the middle one. Mainly because he has a board with him! I also like the border effects used in the shot. Overall, I am not sure why he is looking out of the frame,and I think there's too much negative space to the left of the frame,and not enough for him to "look into" on the right hand side. So, in a way, the first photo and the third photo share the same imbalance, and the middle photo too--all have the direction of subject 'movement' or subject gaze abruptly curtailed by the side of the frame. I LOVE your post processing treatments on all three of these, but the compositions need more room for the subjects to either move into, or to look into.

A fun exercise would be to move shot 3, of the guy looking to the right, to the left hand side of shot two, of the girl looking to the left, and then see how the large expanses of negative space opposite their line of gaze looks.
Just sort of a thought problem,as it were.

Thanks for your opinion. I have something about looking away from the camera and those sort of angles i don't know why ha. It was 1 degrees at the time of the shoot so thats why the girl looks uncomfortable, i was and i was in a nice warm coat! Yes the lens was my biggest problem. I was using my 24-105mm lens but i wish i owned a better type of lens for that sort of work.

Here are a few more from the shoot.

4241031721_fe3b77086e_b.jpg

4241805308_1215aaf039_b.jpg

4241801180_f04f1139a4_b.jpg

This photo was more heavily edited than the rest as i was trying out a different cartoon effect that i think works just as well.
4241801936_c03b637cb0_b.jpg

Cool look, what are you doing in PP? If you don't mind me asking..

a mixture of things really, poster edges is the main one though but through about 4 layers :)

I think you showcased the shoes nicely. I love this kind of pp anyway so you got me as a fan. Also have a thing for skating since my nephew is a sponsored skater and hopefully will be pro soon. I'm going to steal some of your poses when I do a shoot with my daughter. Hope you don't mind! I'll let ya know when I post them.

fair enough hun have fun, remember to take your flashgun with you... (i forgot on my first trip haha)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back