Skateboarding

Electric

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone! I've been meaning to join a forum where i could get some critique, learn, and improve my skills behind a camera. I figured i'll start it off with some of my newest shots, took these a week ago or so and they have very little post editing. Taken with Nikon D3100 and it was my first time using my 35mm 1.8. critique and opinions welcomed!! :cheers:
$DSC_0090.jpg$DSC_0094.JPG

First one is not a bad action shot - you just have to watch what you use as a background. In this one your rider blends in too well with the background and gets lost. This would be much better if he was against a lighter background, then you could see the whole action shot and not just his head/hat and the skateboard. Also, watch for the buildings, etc., in the background as well - this can get a bit cluttered which would draw the viewer away from the main subject. Second shot, well we really didn't need to see this one.

#1: What WesternGuy said is correct.

#2: Someone doesn't clean their fingernails often. Ick. As for the photo, ...meh.

Keep working it and post some others. :)

The first one.... Using a wider aperture was very essential to blur out the unwanted details of the background, as pointed out by W/G.
The second one... is this the aftermath of the guy's landing?

Regards :D

I like the first one, I feel like skateboard photography is different than other types because of certain rules you must follow. For instance you have to show the take off, the landing, the skater etc. and you did a great job. Although possibly putting the skater against a solid background like the sky or a wall is a better Idea. I like it!

Most reactions

Back