Skieur's brutally honest critiques

Got it :thumbup:

Spider shots may be common but the position of the spider hanging from the plant makes this one visually different. Diagonal lines and positioning which are part of artistic composition are used well here with the leg of the spider and the thread of the web. The frond and one of the other legs are creating diagonal lines toward the other side of the image. Colour and sharpness are excellent and depth of field is used well to reduce the background distractions. The problem I see is that the ground cover and the sky? are visually splitting the spider. Some cloning might be done to reduce that.

skieur

Thank you! I was prepared to be ripped apart. I didn't notice it so much until you mentioned it, but now I definitely see how the light and dark background is "splitting" the spider.

5886227103_0a5dc936ba_b.jpg

A very professionally done model shot. Many photographers would have had trouble with a dark background but the superbly done edge lighting from the back, combined with the hair and front lighting separate the model from the background. Exposure is excellent with texture in the white top and a natural skin colour. The shoulder/hip angle pose is also classic and works well for this model.

The problems I see include the jeans. Style-wise the jeans drastically contrast with the fancy top and the matching dressy high heels. The bottom front area with the white object near her left shoe, the crack through her standing position in the concrete? and the reflection of the light between her feet is somewhat distracting.

I would do some post work in the front lower area, but otherwise a well-done model shot.

skieur

skieur - it might help to slip in the name of the photographer or even direct quote the post itself from the other thread (you can click quote in the other thread and then edit the quoted content in the text box to omit any parts you don't want - then just copy the whole of the text and paste it in here - quotes, even with the numbers and name that auto link back to the original post - can be made across different threads.
Ps you might also want to edit your first post in this new thread (even if just to refer back to the starting thread as to where the photos are coming from.

GeorgieGirl- its a photo by Ganch from the photo posting thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-brutally-honest-critique-your-photo-huh.html

Oh stop being Mr. Negative today ;) Give it a little while (and not a Friday evening) and it will all work out.

Last edited by a moderator:
skieur - it might help to slip in the name of the photographer or even direct quote the post itself from the other thread (you can click quote in the other thread and then edit the quoted content in the text box to omit any parts you don't want - then just copy the whole of the text and paste it in here - quotes, even with the numbers and name that auto link back to the original post - can be made across different threads.
Ps you might also want to edit your first post in this new thread (even if just to refer back to the starting thread as to where the photos are coming from.

GeorgieGirl- its a photo by Ganch from the photo posting thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-brutally-honest-critique-your-photo-huh.html

Overread: Do I need to report again a certain comment that I would like removed from another related thread?

skieur

Last edited:

Overread: Do I need to report again a certain comment that I would like removed from another related thread?

skieur

OK, by not answering, you are indirectly telling me that if someone does not like my critique then we can start arguing over who is full of sh*t, to quote the other post.

Why should I waste my time???

skieur

I didn't answer because I wasn't here to answer - check the profile and the last login/action time thingy (surprisingly I do have days off from my volunteer modding ;) ).

This seems to be a perfect example of why we need a critique sub-section instead of 4 different threads and cross-posting.

Most reactions

Back