Skull C&C please

xXxRangerxXx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found a skull , well my dog did, outside today so I decided to try taking pictures of it. Please let me know what you think.

2009_01020004.jpg

2009_01020010.jpg

2009_01020008.jpg

EDIT: I can already see I need to work on my ISO.

The first shot seems soft or OOF, but I like the colors. Composition is okay...might look better if you got closer to the skull and shot from a lower angle.

The second shot is hard to C&C. Should have shot from the other side (where the light is coming from)...the skull is too dark and the sky on the right is almost blown out. I like the shallow DOF.

The third shot is very noisy, but it gives it a rustic look...looks old fashioned.

Not sure if I have a favorite.

Thanks! For that first one I was laying in a bunch of leaves. ( didn't want the camera get dirty. The second one, I thought it would look better with the sunset behind it. It did end up darkening it too much though. I guess the noise worked for me with the third one. Still figuring out how adjust ISO and whatnot.

The Fujifilm Finepix S1000

Ahhh...that explains the noise. P&S cameras use a much smaller sensor than DSLRs and generally have more noise in the images, even at lower ISO settings. But keep playing around with your settings and keep shooting. I've seen some awesome images taken with P&S cameras.

I believe your camera is the next generation of my camera, the S5700.

Yup, don't bother with anything above ISO 400, unless you specifically would like to add the noise. ISO 800 and 1600 is completely useless with my camera. I can live with ISO 400 when inside the house and do some noise reduction. ISO 64 and 100 do work quite nicely, but is only good outside on a nice sunny day.

It take a bit more work with a superzoom, but you can get some great shots with it once you know and understand your camera.

I really like the second one and the shallow DOF... Underxeposed subject though, but nice shot nonetheless.

Thanks guys. I'll mess around with the iso. I also might try using a tripod to help focus better.

> Yes, I did wash my hands afterwards.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back