Website
www.feliciakelsayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this out at my aunts house.
Edited in PSP X2..
thought it looked pretty cool.

Elk_Skull.jpg

Great subject, and the composition with the contrast between the "new Life" with the plant and the death of the animal with the skull is brilliant.

My issues are that the ground is distracting, too much detail drawing my eye away and the plant is coming in from the edge of the frame, it would have been nice too see it in frame completely, same with the bottom of the jaw.

Your border isn't adding value either.

I like the shot and the above is how I would do it with perfect hindsight ( wouldnt that be nice to have all the time) to suit my tastes.

:thumbup:

Heya, I am having an evening of sharpening my PP skills, hope you dont mind, but I played with your image a little.

02waza3i.jpg

So thats my take on the shot, a little bit harder and harsher to emphasise the contrast between life and death as represented by the skull and plant.

Cheers
Rob

Rob
Your PP is not too realistic in regards to color. I come across old bones in the woods a lot, the original photo is much more realistic in regards to the color.

I agree this shot has been taken too tight to the subject, maybe a little more of the backround next time, then cropping if necessary.

Rob
Your PP is not too realistic in regards to color. I come across old bones in the woods a lot, the original photo is much more realistic in regards to the color.

Agreed, realistic wasnt my intention as such, my intention was geared towards creative and dramatic, not everyones taste for sure. Over cooked in this case for sure.

The way I see it looking is not always as it was. Take for example most of my work, if I stopped PP on some of them at a point of being realistic they would be very ordinary and just like any other shot anyone could get, the key is knowing when to stop, lol.

I want my work to be different from the run of the mill. I can play with time, colour, exposure, depth of field, angles etc, especially effective when your eye can't see it like that, I also dabble with 3D photography, now there is a real point of difference.

Not being defensive, as I said I agree, just clarifying my intent :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back