What's new

Sky replacement input please

SquarePeg51 1

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Messages
16,693
Reaction score
18,300
Location
Boston
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This photo has been on my bucket list for a while. Have to time it with weather, trail conditions, peak foliage, crowds, traffic, time off from work, someone to hike with... not easy to get all of this in line. I don't know if/when I'll get up there again. Assuming I don't make it back up there before leaf drop, I may end up printing the photo I took last week. But the big plain blue sky is just not what I wanted. I tried a sky replacement in PS that I think looks pretty good. But maybe I have rose colored glasses... what do you think? Any suggestions for making it better (the sky or the foreground)?

Artist Bluff Big Sky by SharonCat..., on Flickr


original
Fall 2021 by SharonCat..., on Flickr
 
Last edited:
-

The bigger point is the halo that is due to weather conditions and
are reflected in the new sky.

I would suggest — in a pixel editor — creating a luminosity mask to
get rid of the sky AND all its features and place the new behind the
mountains.
 
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #3
-

The bigger point is the halo that is due to weather conditions and
are reflected in the new sky.

I would suggest — in a pixel editor — creating a luminosity mask to
get rid of the sky AND all its features and place the new behind the
mountains.
Thanks for the advice.

Anyone else have any input?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom