Skyhunters Birds of Prey

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Kim and Dave Gibson invited me to their home to see their property, and the amazing collection of birds that they are keeping. These birds are all captive bred, and are extremely well taken care of. 18 years of working with birds, and Dave has become world renown for is knowledge and expertise in handing these animals.

It was great fun to have Chiller, Canoncan and Airic join Daisy and I.. I really enjoy it when we get together and compare results here on TPF.. Airic and Canoncan were here at my PC this afternoon, comparing notes on editing our stuff! very cool!

I hope to be getting more involved with Skyhunters team, and their volunteers., and here are a few shots of what we witnessed today.

websize017DSC_0931edit.jpg

websize015DSC_0903edit.jpg

websize023DSC_0999edit.jpg

websize025DSC_1031edit.jpg

websize013DSC_0879edit.jpg

websize001DSC_0835edit.jpg

websize009DSC_0843edit.jpg

too bad the clouds were so heavy, pushed the ISO up and really got so much noise. Maybe next time!!

thanks for looking!

I'm sure everybody else will agree, The eyes are incredible on all of them. WOW. Great shots. I wish I had something that even came close to those shots. Did you boost the saturation in some of those? They look great either way.

see why i love the Eagle? wow Raymond....thanks again!

Very stunning photographs. Were is that sanctuary located...I think that I may have to plan a trip!

Wow, you guys really see the most wonderful things, and you all get these brilliant photos out of the experience, too. Wow. I can't tell which of these bird portraits I like best - the owl that "speaks to us" is cute, and the orange eyes of the other owl are ever so impressive, and the very close close-up of whoever that is in Photo 2 is great because it takes us so close to the bird, the eagle photos once again represent "pride" --- I think my favourite is Photo 4 here, the orange-eye-owl pic! Dark owl against bright background, I think that works really fine.

Very nice Raymond. Excellent shots buddy. Love that first shot.
Im gonna try to do mine tonight.

I like 4 & 6 the best. Is the red in the owl's eyes on 4 natural or a light reflection from a flash? #6 is really neat...doesn't seem fully focused throughout though.

Thanks Clark! This is a private home, and we are only the second phtographers allowed to go in here and shoot.. with captive breeding going on, it's very esay to upset this bird, and ruin a lot of efforts. We were very lucky to spend as much time here as we did!!

Northman.. this is a natural colour of it's eyes.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment!

Duncanp.. I took lots! not sure how many.

Most reactions

Back