Slave Flashes...?

colino

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The title says it. I'm looking for the best quality slave flash of course within my price range. I've been doing research on them but I just can't make up my mind. What is the best slave flash in terms or reliability ( a strong sensor)? In the past some slave flashes I've owned just don't fire all the time. My price range is probably up to 80 or 90 dollars. Thanks a lot!!!

I'm not sure on the price, but I have heard some strobists talk about the Vivitar flashes as good slaves. They are fully manual, if that matters, but I have heard they are cheap and reliable - might be worth looking into.

I've got a used vivitar flash for $20 that I use as a slave, but it is a fairly slow recharge.

The title says it. I'm looking for the best quality slave flash of course within my price range. I've been doing research on them but I just can't make up my mind. What is the best slave flash in terms or reliability ( a strong sensor)? In the past some slave flashes I've owned just don't fire all the time. My price range is probably up to 80 or 90 dollars. Thanks a lot!!!
Are you looking for an actual flash or just a way of triggering a slaved flash?
These are typically two different things.

The reliability (how often it fires when you want it to), is up to the trigger method/system.

I was talking about the actual flash..
Bower
what about these... has anyone tried them???

That looks like it's just a cheap flash with a built-in optical trigger.
You can probably get something better if you pair up a decent flash with a separate optical trigger or other type of triggering device.

i have a vivitar 400 and it works very well. its reliable and the recharge isnt to bad. i think they about 100 bucks too.

Most reactions

Back