Sleeman Honeybrown - Product Photography

Demers18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first attempt at product photography and would like some feed back as to how I could improve this shot. I know gear would be one way but I'm looking for techiniques and light placement more so than actual "products".

I used work lights on each side of the bottle bouncing off of a white pizza box. I was struggling with getting extra lighting in the top and front of the bottle to gain a clearer view of the logo etc.

Let me know what you think.

8131063823_2c03bd871c_b.jpg
[/URL] _MG_1050 - Sleeman wood by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

I like how you've been able to get the letters on the bottle to standout. However, the lights would benefit from being diffused (even with a while cloth as a diffuser). I think you're too close to the bottle, which creates some distortion, and the background is kinda messy. This book Light Science and Magic,Fourth Edition: An Introduction to Photographic Lighting: Fil Hunter,Paul Fuqua,Steven Biver: 9780240812250: Amazon.com: Books was recommended to me and is an excellent source of ideas and techniques.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the book recommendation, it is on the to read list.

The lights are actually being diffused through a thin white cloth. Maybe I should try folding it over one more time. As for the background, I wasn't too concerned about that, I used what I had available. I'm planning on picking up some matte black fabric and wrapping some plywood to make a better background.

Thanks for the CC

Most reactions

Back