TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just one of the places I test cameras
441nght.jpg

Have you ever felt ignored by me whenever you display your photos here, o mysteryscribe? This is so because I understand only so little (i.e. next to nothing really) about the techniques you use, me being just ... erm ... "me" ... with no formal education in the field of photography, arts or whatever (well: languages, yes, but...).

But I do like what I see from you (and I see more than you know of) ... and I like this photo here and its "canvas"-structure... whatever is the word for it ... don't know. Nice place to go to and test your cameras!!! Getting ready for winter it seems ... a Sleeping Beauty until spring comes back.

I can only agree with LaFoto here!

By the way ... WHY is everyone living in such nice places and I have to sit in ugly city :(

(LaFoto, maybe that is the reason for me to travel so much ;) )

(Is Düsseldorf so ugly all over?
The few times I have been there I quite enjoyed the "longest bar inall of Germany" on the River Rhine! ;))

LaFoto said:
(Is Düsseldorf so ugly all over?
The few times I have been there I quite enjoyed the "longest bar inall of Germany" on the River Rhine! ;))

well, some neat places in the very city, i agree, but if you see it as in places worth visiting per square mile .. it is a desert ;) also it is not a good city to get out into the green ...

Actually I do know that I don't get many comments.. That's really nice of you to say but there is almost no school that I ever attended that taught me more than what to see. All the rest is too many years lashed to the lens. Now how was that for a turn of phrase.

Thank you for you comments by the way. Some of the things I do are okay and some are pretty awful. The canvas texture is no more than a filter digitally applied but before anyone screams hypocrite I also had one in my darkroom that did exactly the same thing.

I don't pay any attention to levels or histogram crackers either (too fattening). What I do is screw around with it as little as possible. I almost always start with a strong image because I start at film. I shoot one image a day when I can get up to it. Most of them go into the trash.

If I have a strength, and I doubt that I do, it's in composition and UNDERSTANDING what the image is trying to say. God where is Hertz that sounds so like him.

My very most favorite thing to shoot these days is cheap poster images. I have no idea why. I just love the simple image with some message tied to it.

mysteryscribe said:
All the rest is too many years lashed to the lens.

Which is a school by itself ... !

I like reading what people think about their work.

Nice photo. I've heard North Carolina and parts of the southern California mountains appear similar. I can see that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back