Slide Film

Hertz van Rental said:
That settles it. Tranny has better contrast, tonal range and colour saturation than colour neg.

I'd change "better" contrast to more contrast. As the sun gets up in the sky, my above mentioned buddy's shooting comes to an end unless the clouds roll in. There's too much contrast for trans film. I always keep shooting for an hour or so longer, mostly just to p*ss him off ;)

ksmattfish said:
I was having problems getting good scans from some BW negs that were easy to print in the darkroom. A number of sites recommended that I set the scanner up like I was scanning color slides (scan in color and as a positive), and then deal with the inverting, desaturation, and curves/levels in Adobe PS. Sure enough, this method has worked a lot better than scanning the BW negs as BW negs (grayscale and as a negative image).

Interesting. I'm gonna try this.

ksmattfish said:
I'd change "better" contrast to more contrast. As the sun gets up in the sky, my above mentioned buddy's shooting comes to an end unless the clouds roll in. There's too much contrast for trans film. I always keep shooting for an hour or so longer, mostly just to p*ss him off ;)

Surely more is better? :lol:

Hertz van Rental said:
Surely more is better? :lol:

My Photog 101 instructor always said "If you can't make it good, make it big. If you can't make it big, make it red." :lol:

Christie Photo said:
Who was your instuctor?

My Photo 101 (and some other photog classes) instructor was Tom Tarnowski. I've had a few other gurus too. I'm sure that's not actually his quote, I've heard it elsewhere too.

Most reactions

Back