Slightly Squirrelly Squirrels & Mayhem Mammal Shots

Lee, yes they can definitely be scary! I was on a path that goes between a swampy field and the pond, it is blind on both ends and I was about in the middle shooting wildflowers, she came down around the corner without a care in the world, until we saw each other, she stomped, I froze, baby ran into the woods. She moved into the field to draw my attention away from the baby and stomped and snorted. I was VERY intimidated and was figuring out an escape route if she decided to come at me. She decided I wasn't a threat and flicked her tail and left the way she came, as did I lol PHEW!

Ah thanks Brian! Yes the swimming rabbit was quite a surprise. Last summer late in the day we kept hearing something hunting along the riverbank, we never saw it but heard it take down a few critters. We were sitting on the deck and I saw "something" swimming towards us and that was just weird lol grabbed my camera and zoomed in, was quite surprised to find a rabbit! Whatever was on the other side of the river was obviously much scarier than we were lol. This raccoon swam across around the same time.

Cool pictures, interesting stories. It doesn't get any better.

Cool pictures, interesting stories. It doesn't get any better.

Yeah Brian, threads like this are a lot of fun. I think there is a tendency by some to take photography a little too seriously. Being a duffer and not very good at it, I just treat it as an enjoyable hobby. :) Lee

Great thread Lee :) :)

Fine shots, fun and brings smiles. Keep them coming folks, great to see.

Danny.

Great thread Lee :) :)

Fine shots, fun and brings smiles. Keep them coming folks, great to see.

Danny.
=====================================================================================

Say Danny, you can't let NZ go unrepresented -- surely you have one crazy critter shot! Or do we have to allow an honorary Kingfisher?! ;-) Lee

Here's a couple more I found:

This squirrel is obviously a brazen hussy! Note the come hither look, fancy fur, painted nails with outlandish polish!

$DSC02619a.jpg

"Oh my, I shouldn't have had that third drink!"

$DSC02326a.jpg

Bumped, because I KNOW there are more crazy critter shots out there! :boogie:Lee

Bear doing impression of a camel while eating a carrot? Check.
13702288665_ac67c6c29e_z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
==================================================================

That's more like it and a nice shot but that's a very small carrot for a very big bear! :mrgreen: Lee

Just for you DLeet (and thank you for the kind words in pm the other day, they helped )

Are you sure you're getting my good side?
View attachment 70637
Damn right I can fit one more peanut in there!
View attachment 70638
Um, more bread please? (yes I know this is a bird and technically doesn't count for this post, but he's so freaking cute)
View attachment 70639
I'm not really here.
View attachment 70640
Yawn
View attachment 70641
This tree doesn't smell very good
View attachment 70642

All super, Barb, but 1, 5, and 6 REALLY ticked me. Where would we be without our animal friends? Thanks for posting. Lee

Thanks! Animals will always be my favorite thing to shoot. Their personalities just make me smile. The first one is a friends llama, and I have a picture of his baby too. Mom was a regular llama but the baby got dad's hair. Will have to dig it out and post it.

As for the tiger, I could have watched him all day. The zoo membership was worth it just for him. He was gorgeous.

Thanks! Animals will always be my favorite thing to shoot. Their personalities just make me smile. The first one is a friends llama, and I have a picture of his baby too. Mom was a regular llama but the baby got dad's hair. Will have to dig it out and post it.

As for the tiger, I could have watched him all day. The zoo membership was worth it just for him. He was gorgeous.

Loved them all but I'm not here just cracked me up.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back