Slightly Squirrelly Squirrels & Mayhem Mammal Shots

DLeeT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We had a lot of fun with crazy bird poses, so how about some squirrelly squirrel and mayhem mammal shots? I KNOW there are a lot of shots better than mine waiting to be posted, so dig 'em out. I included the mammals because there are quite a few places in the world that are squirrel-less. I think we should restrict it to wildlife mammals rather than pets though. Look forward to seeing some from you! Lee

"Don't mess with me you bald biped!"
$DSC02711a.jpg

"How do you like my new dress?"
$DSC02738.JPG

"So you like to hang around barnyards, eh pervert?"
$DSC02231a.jpg

Well I don't know,the face expression along with the positioning on #1 I think is going to be pretty hard to match. Thats a great shot.

Ha, we would love to have these here Lee. Jan and Rachel's favourite little ones for sure mate. :) They are so darn cute and seem so cheeky with some of the poses they get up to. That second shot looks sooooo guilty, ha, love it. You pervert !! ;)

All the best Lee and fine shots.

Danny.

I like the first three. It would be very interesting to come up with the sayings for these images. I am sure there are lots of potential, some of which may not be printable. :mrgreen:

WesternGuy

Well I don't know,the face expression along with the positioning on #1 I think is going to be pretty hard to match. Thats a great shot.

Gotta go with 1 as well, that is just epic

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Ha, we would love to have these here Lee. Jan and Rachel's favourite little ones for sure mate. :) They are so darn cute and seem so cheeky with some of the poses they get up to. That second shot looks sooooo guilty, ha, love it. You pervert !! ;)

All the best Lee and fine shots.

Danny.
=============================================================================

The interesting thing about the first two shots is they were taken with a legacy Canon FD 75-200 that I paid less than 40 USD on fleabay. Lenses of these types -- and there are many -- are shunned by most yet they can provide a very inexpensive way to try "critter shooting." They are a great option for those who want to test the wildlife waters without spending a bundle. Lee

COME ON GANG - ALL SERIOUSNESS ASIDE - WE NEED MORE CRITTERS!!

HA! that first one is awesome :) Squirrels are brilliant critters and such fun to watch!

But a bigger challenge is keeping the Raccoons out of the feeders....

Or lounging on the fountain...

Chipmunk raiding the same feeder as the raccoon

How about a swimming rabbit?

A mad snorting Deer? (we snuck up on each other coming around the corner on a trail here at the house, she had her baby with her and she was NOT happy to see me!)

And a couple squirrels to finish, this one is posted here recently.

This is my fav lol We had just bought a new bag of birdseed, it got left on the deck for a bit and he found it, this was after I came out to bring it in, he wasn't happy I was taking his seeds away! lmao!

HA! that first one is awesome :) Squirrels are brilliant critters and such fun to watch!

But a bigger challenge is keeping the Raccoons out of the feeders....

Or lounging on the fountain...

Chipmunk raiding the same feeder as the raccoon

How about a swimming rabbit?

A mad snorting Deer? (we snuck up on each other coming around the corner on a trail here at the house, she had her baby with her and she was NOT happy to see me!)

And a couple squirrels to finish, this one is posted here recently.

This is my fav lol We had just bought a new bag of birdseed, it got left on the deck for a bit and he found it, this was after I came out to bring it in, he wasn't happy I was taking his seeds away! lmao!

==========================================================================================

Not even going to pick a favorite - they are all just splendid. I see you have the same problem I - and apparently the rest of humanity has - the poor birds can't get anywhere near the "bird" feeder with all the other critters raiding it! :wink:

On the doe, they are different animals when the have fawns. Normally, as we all know, from watching their white tails when they run from us, their instinct is flight when threatened. With young, they can be downright fierce. My neighbor had a big, male German Shepherd that would take walks with me. He loved to chase deer even though I don't think he would have harmed one if he could have kept up. One day he went after a doe with two fawns. I could not see what happened because this was in the woods, but he came back running and yelping and cured from deer chasing forever! Lee

Last edited:
I'll pick a favorite. The chipmunk climbing the pole is awesome.

I have no idea what this behaviour signifies, but I thought it was kinda cute.

$DSC_5734.jpg

This is a dominance struggle by 2-3 year olds. Also kinda cute, although they sometimes get carried away and have to be separated.

$DSC_5748.jpg

Whoa! How did I miss the swimming rabbit. Extraordinary!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back