Sling Bag for Camera + Equipment

lisa_13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm looking for a sling-type bag to hold my camera + two lenses, maybe some extra batteries. I have a Tenba Messenger Bag with camera insert for traveling, holds my MacBook Pro, camera, lenses, speedlite, batteries, etc.

Looking for something to be able to wear while shooting, with easy access for changing lenses quickly. Primarily for shooting concerts, so I can hold onto my equipment while shooting.

I have a Nikon D80 Gripped, 50mm, 28mm, and 18-135. I would probably only carry the 50 and 28, plus extra batteries and memory cards. Any suggestions?

I too have a slingshot .. mine is the larger one 200 AW. Its been pretty good to me.

At its max capacity I can fit the following:
Canon 1DMII
100-400L
24-105L
50mm f/1.4
and a 550EX flash.

its tight but it fits.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to fit your laptop inside.

[EDIT]

Just remembered that a similar thread came up a few years ago when the Slingshot bag first hit market. I took a picture to give everyone an idea of size:

130196320.jpg

Instead of film, that compartment can hold the 50mm f/1.4. The 550EX flash goes in the separate zipper compartment towards the top of the photo. The pocket on the flap holds cards and batteries. I can access the main compartment without removing the bag from my person.

Last edited:
KATA 3n1 20 or 30. Fantastic and versitile sling converts to backpack. tons of storage. I had the slingshot 100 and found it way too tight. now the 200 may work. all depend on your gear really. I got the tripod holder for my KATA 3n1 30 and it is the bees knees. seriously

that looks like a great bag. has anyone fit a gripped camera into one of those?

also, are they pretty slim? i don't want it to get too much in the way in a tiny photo pit.

that looks like a great bag. has anyone fit a gripped camera into one of those?

If you are referring to the Slingshot 200AW pictured, the camera pictured is a EOS 1v with the high speed motor. So yes.. it should fit most DSLRs with a grip. My 1dMII also fits in the same manner

I'm looking for a sling-type bag to hold my camera + two lenses, maybe some extra batteries. I have a Tenba Messenger Bag with camera insert for traveling, holds my MacBook Pro, camera, lenses, speedlite, batteries, etc.

Looking for something to be able to wear while shooting, with easy access for changing lenses quickly. Primarily for shooting concerts, so I can hold onto my equipment while shooting.

I have a Nikon D80 Gripped, 50mm, 28mm, and 18-135. I would probably only carry the 50 and 28, plus extra batteries and memory cards. Any suggestions?
I have the smaller Tenba Messenger that doesn't hold a laptop that I wear so it's on my right front hip. It has a zipper in the top to access my camera and a few lenses. I have the body on a Black Rapid RS-2.

In the little Sling 100, I fit 5D with a 24-70mm L, and a 50mm 1.4 in the lower compartment. A 550 EX II goes in the upper inner comp, and misc. gear like PocketWizards, spare batteries, chargers, and cables go in the top separate zippered compartment.

Or a Leica M8, and Epson RD-1, a couple of spare lenses, batteries, and chargers :lol: - the beauty of Rangefinder smallness!

LowePro slingshot for sure. I started out with the medium 200 AW bag and it hold my body & lens and 2 more lenses plush pouches for all my batteries, remotes filters etc.

I recently bought their big 350AW so I could lug most of my gear AND my MacBook Pro.

You can't go wrong with the LowePro slingshots.

Cheers!

I have the Slingshot AW200 and it holds my D700 gripped with 24-70mm attached, 20mm, 35mm, 85mm, & 105mm in the main compartment. In the top pocket holds my extra battery, ball bungee and SB-800 flash. The front pocket holds all sorts of little things like my remote trigger, PC synch cord, pocket knife, writing pad w/pen, .... things. The back pouch holds my flask of tequila along with strap for the breast clasp. The outside loop holds my 12-24mm lens in a LP S&F pouch.

The lowepro is nice but the major issue i had with it was that it was a sling and only a sling. Since selling my 100 and upgrading to the KATA 3n1 30 i now have a sling that i can whip into backpack form in seconds for that hike or whatever the case may be. The sling only packs can be annoying after a while on the back. Just some food for thought, If you are gonna have it positioned in front all the time then its a decent bag. go to the KATA website and check ou the numerous ways to use the 3n1 gear. good luck

The lowepro is nice but the major issue i had with it was that it was a sling and only a sling.

That is the compromise of all sling bags. If you go with a backpack, accessing the storage compartments are a royal PITA. Doesn't quite allow easy access and quick lens changes.

The lowepro is nice but the major issue i had with it was that it was a sling and only a sling. Since selling my 100 and upgrading to the KATA 3n1 30 i now have a sling that i can whip into backpack form in seconds for that hike or whatever the case may be. The sling only packs can be annoying after a while on the back. Just some food for thought, If you are gonna have it positioned in front all the time then its a decent bag. go to the KATA website and check ou the numerous ways to use the 3n1 gear. good luck
Wait, you do realize you don't wear a sling in front, right? Only to get out a camera. And it does come with a stabilizing strap, effectively making it quasi-backpack. I don't want to oversell a sling, it has definite limitations, but it is NOT for front-only...

wow, thanks for all the responses! i'll definitely have to check out those slingshot bags. does hunts or calumet have them in-store? i'd like to see them before i drop $100 on one.

Most reactions

Back