Sling Bag for Camera + Equipment

The lowepro is nice but the major issue i had with it was that it was a sling and only a sling. Since selling my 100 and upgrading to the KATA 3n1 30 i now have a sling that i can whip into backpack form in seconds for that hike or whatever the case may be. The sling only packs can be annoying after a while on the back. Just some food for thought, If you are gonna have it positioned in front all the time then its a decent bag. go to the KATA website and check ou the numerous ways to use the 3n1 gear. good luck
Wait, you do realize you don't wear a sling in front, right? Only to get out a camera. And it does come with a stabilizing strap, effectively making it quasi-backpack. I don't want to oversell a sling, it has definite limitations, but it is NOT for front-only...

Yes i realize that . I guess i tested the bag to its extreme. I fly fished and hiked with the sling and found it very unbalanced and fatiguing. The reason i love the KATA 3n 1 som much is because of the cross strapping option so that you are in backpack mode and with a click of a buckle you are in shootin g position /sling mode with access from the side without ever having to remove your bag. Its really an awesome design. I liked the layout of the lowepro as well bu ti just found it limiting. I also have the tripod holder on the Kata which is priceless. Bogen shows us a review below. Just click this youtube link

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL . I thought you were joking for a sec. Thats an expensive bag. I would be interested in seeing the mens version

holy christ. no thank you. kind of like those jill-e bags. i just want something cheap that i can carry stuff in! no need to look girly hahah

You mentioned earlier about seeing a sling in store before you buy. This is a great idea, but bring your kit, put it in the bag and walk around with it for a while.

The strap goes across the chest. I have read a few reviews from women that stated it is not the most comfortable bag for them..... if you know what I mean.

wow, thanks for all the responses! i'll definitely have to check out those slingshot bags. does hunts or calumet have them in-store? i'd like to see them before i drop $100 on one.

Best Buy carries them, I was just looking at them yesterday. :thumbup:

You mentioned earlier about seeing a sling in store before you buy. This is a great idea, but bring your kit, put it in the bag and walk around with it for a while.

The strap goes across the chest. I have read a few reviews from women that stated it is not the most comfortable bag for them..... if you know what I mean.

ah, that sounds like a good idea! my chest isn't all that large .. i used to carry a messenger bag across my chest to school, but it wasn't all that heavy, so i guess i'll creepily wander around best buy or soemthing hahahah. maybe a regular backpack would be better, but i'd rather be able to get my gear out without taking the bag off. hmmmm, decisions...

Most reactions

Back