What's new

Sling Bag for Camera + Equipment

The lowepro is nice but the major issue i had with it was that it was a sling and only a sling. Since selling my 100 and upgrading to the KATA 3n1 30 i now have a sling that i can whip into backpack form in seconds for that hike or whatever the case may be. The sling only packs can be annoying after a while on the back. Just some food for thought, If you are gonna have it positioned in front all the time then its a decent bag. go to the KATA website and check ou the numerous ways to use the 3n1 gear. good luck
Wait, you do realize you don't wear a sling in front, right? Only to get out a camera. And it does come with a stabilizing strap, effectively making it quasi-backpack. I don't want to oversell a sling, it has definite limitations, but it is NOT for front-only...

Yes i realize that . I guess i tested the bag to its extreme. I fly fished and hiked with the sling and found it very unbalanced and fatiguing. The reason i love the KATA 3n 1 som much is because of the cross strapping option so that you are in backpack mode and with a click of a buckle you are in shootin g position /sling mode with access from the side without ever having to remove your bag. Its really an awesome design. I liked the layout of the lowepro as well bu ti just found it limiting. I also have the tripod holder on the Kata which is priceless. Bogen shows us a review below. Just click this youtube link
 
Last edited by a moderator:
holy christ. no thank you. kind of like those jill-e bags. i just want something cheap that i can carry stuff in! no need to look girly hahah
 
You mentioned earlier about seeing a sling in store before you buy. This is a great idea, but bring your kit, put it in the bag and walk around with it for a while.

The strap goes across the chest. I have read a few reviews from women that stated it is not the most comfortable bag for them..... if you know what I mean.
 
wow, thanks for all the responses! i'll definitely have to check out those slingshot bags. does hunts or calumet have them in-store? i'd like to see them before i drop $100 on one.

Best Buy carries them, I was just looking at them yesterday. :thumbup:
 
You mentioned earlier about seeing a sling in store before you buy. This is a great idea, but bring your kit, put it in the bag and walk around with it for a while.

The strap goes across the chest. I have read a few reviews from women that stated it is not the most comfortable bag for them..... if you know what I mean.

ah, that sounds like a good idea! my chest isn't all that large .. i used to carry a messenger bag across my chest to school, but it wasn't all that heavy, so i guess i'll creepily wander around best buy or soemthing hahahah. maybe a regular backpack would be better, but i'd rather be able to get my gear out without taking the bag off. hmmmm, decisions...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom