slow bracketing

Desertbird

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My Nikon D90 takes a long time to take the multiple exposures while bracketing, I actually have to lift my finger so slightly and push it back down without taking it fully off. Is there any way to make the bracketing go by faster? It's on 3f, 2.0 and being shot in NEF (RAW).

I don't think it does all three in a row, with one press of the button...

I don't know if it's the same on your camera (I assume it is), but I have to press the button 3 times, once for each exposure.

ok, so that's normal?

I just vaguely remembering that it took all three shots with one click once upon a time. Maybe it's just my memory going bad :greenpbl:

I wish it worked that way, and I too seem to remember reading that somewhere... But in my experience - you have to press the shutter release for each exposure...

if you set it to 2 second timer, it will shoot all 3 back to back. You want to use the timer anyway so you dont move your camera at all while pressing it. Using remote will do the same. Thats how my canon is anyway.

Read your D90 camera users manual.

I downloaded the manual and looked the correct page number up for you.

Page 94. The solution to your problem is in the second paragraph labeled "Exposure and Flash Bracketing". Key on L and H.

Don't listen to all these Canon shooters. They ain't speaking Nikonese! :lmao: :lmao: :greenpbl:

Last edited:
Using remote will do the same.
I'll have to try that.

I know that using my wired remote (easier from behind the camera), I still have to press it three times. I'll have to try it with the wireless one and see what happens.

Thats why Canonese is the International language! Nikonese is like the French. Not very happy that English is the International language ;)

Is there any way to make the bracketing go by faster? It's on 3f, 2.0 and being shot in NEF (RAW).
It should roll off as fast as your shutter speed...... and FPS allows. Doesn't the D90 have a Release Mode Dial? and a setting for single shot, continuous low speed and continuous high speed shooting? And use the Fn button to set bracketing?

Most reactions

Back