SMALL TOWN SHOTS all taken within a mile radius

Flower Child

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
opinions? views? c&c? i started on this subject in a different thread about small towns but only posted the "small town skyline" one because i really wanted alot of opinions and i thought i might get more right here.

these are all taken within a mile of each other. and i want to prove that you dont have to live by the ocean or the mountains or big cities to get decent subjects. i used to think you did, but i have opened my eyes to what i can work with that is around me. and it has forced me to be more creative. please comment and let me know what you think.

1. SMALL TOWN SKYLINE
camping020.jpg

2. PERSIMMONS
timandcarls052.jpg

electricpole031.jpg

ive seen a lot of improvement since your first pics that you posted here.

my only problem is that you seem to have a habit of centering things. centered horizons, centered subjects, etc.

if you havent already, read up on the rule of thirds. wiki has a good basic summary.

I like the feel of the pics.

I like them as well. I was going to mention the centering as well, but it's been said already.

For me, #1 have too much plain sky in it.

I like them as well. I was going to mention the centering as well, but it's been said already.

For me, #1 have too much plain sky in it.

okay thanks for your opinion :)

p.s. i understand the rule of thirds now and will def work on it

keep in mind there are exceptions to every rule, its up to you to decide if a photo will conform or not to the rule. somtimes youre faced w/ a situation where following the rule of thirds will ruin the picture. use your artistic sense.

Curious, what rural town or general area? US, Europe?

I'm not a fan of #1. Something about the colour is bothering me.
And there is too much foreground that is black.

I'm really liking #2 and the direction of the sunlight.

#3 is nicely done, but the focused item for some reasons gives me the shivers, like some sort of alien pod. haha.

I especially like the title and the picture #1, without the title it would not have had the same impact.. good job!!

Most reactions

Back