What's new

Smoke Tango

manicmike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Sep 29, 2009
Messages
1,223
Reaction score
307
Location
Oregon
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C & C is welcome. Just wanted to share this.

smokered.jpg
 
It looks amazing...how did you manage to get such a good shot :)
 
I think smoke is so cool I had to try out a few for myself $IMG_5624E,5x7.webp$IMG_5658E,5x7.webp
 
This is a neat image. Something I have always wanted to try, but I don't seem to be able to find a good source for smoke. Would you care to tell us the setup for this and what you used to get the smoke? How much post-processing is involved?

WesternGuy
 
Yes, I'd be interested in hearing about the source of smoke you choose for these, and how you move said source to create the patterns!? And what and where is the necessary light source? The colours were added in post?
 
This is a neat image. Something I have always wanted to try, but I don't seem to be able to find a good source for smoke. Would you care to tell us the setup for this and what you used to get the smoke? How much post-processing is involved?

WesternGuy


I always assumed it was incense sticks or cigarettes.
 
I used an incense stick and then had my 12 year old slightly wave his hand near the smoke to swirl it. I had a lamp to the left to help with focusing and a flash to the right almost 90 degrees. I made barn doors out of black paper on the sides of the flash to keep light from spilling onto the black background.

As far as post, I added a little sharpening and clarity and shifted the color balance. This is actually a two shot composite.

Thanks for the comments everyone.
 
Thought I'd throw this one in. Let me know what you think.

smoke1.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom