Smokestacks along the Mississippi.

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been away visiting the kids in Minneapolis/St. Paul -- hauled us around hitting the standard touristy spots. Got this view from the Stone Arch Bridge in downtown.

Joe

smoke_stacks_zpsce441476.jpg

Now that is a VERY familiar site and well done :) I like the perspective you got it from :)

i like this shot also, i need to go there soon :)

A black and white edit might look quite good for this subject too.

Glad you all like it -- it's right between the two falls. Fanboy, I did play around with a B&W version, if I get some time I'll come back and post it.

Joe

I might have to run out to St. Paul some time soon.

I'm completely jealous right now. I've been trying to move to Minneapolis for almost 6 years now with zero luck. Nice photo, too.

I'm completely jealous right now. I've been trying to move to Minneapolis for almost 6 years now with zero luck. Nice photo, too.

I'm always impressed when I visit; seems to be a very lively and progressive town especially around the University where my son lives and works. I notice you're from Mississippi -- how would you like 3 feet of snow with the wind howling and the temp at -21 F?

So FanBoy, here it is in B&W.

Joe

smokestacks_bw_zps8ee242e3.jpg

Looks good, Joe. I'd push the contrast a little bit though to make the tree branches pop out. Something like this:

$smoke_stacks_zpsce441476_2.jpg

Looks good, Joe. I'd push the contrast a little bit though to make the tree branches pop out. Something like this:

View attachment 31888

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'll pass. That's too much blocking shadows for my taste. I can see that some additional contrast in those tree branches might help, but it would have to be locally applied for me to accept it -- worth considering.

Joe

That is a spectacular photo!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back