• Has no effect on creativity

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • Diminishes creativity

Votes: 33 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Source > Marijuana - InfoFacts - NIDA

"marijuana smoke contains 50-70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke."

It looks to me like a government website, so i doubt its false facts. But your choice to believe it or not

You know who lobbies the government "BIG ****ING TOBACCO". Hello, what does that sound like? Misinformation? Make the public believe that the lesser of the two evils is the one that's legal and taxed, and you have yourself a gold mine. You have to be pretty naive or ignorant to believe everything the government tells you.

Sorry, I think everything I read has a agenda!! The fun part is figuring out what it is........:sexywink:

I do have the facts and I'm not getting emotional about it either. If you used it for medicinal purpose then you used it for medicinal purpose. Is it less harmful than alcohol, I do believe it is but I don't use that either ;) I'm not arguing pro or con. Use it all you like. To not use anything is certainly more healthy, as long as there isn't a more urgent medical need. ;)

More than anything I think we can all agree Phohibition doesn't work. I'm all for regualted distribution in the same manner as alcohol and taxed accordingly ;) Free gas for everyone!

Sorry that I get frustrated when ignorance is spewed about one of the most helpful plants for industrial and medical use on the face of the planet. Maybe that's the source of my emotions.

I do have the facts and I'm not getting emotional about it either. If you used it for medicinal purpose then you used it for medicinal purpose. Is it less harmful than alcohol, I do believe it is but I don't use that either ;) I'm not arguing pro or con. Use it all you like. To not use anything is certainly more healthy, as long as there isn't a more urgent medical need. ;)

More than anything I think we can all agree Phohibition doesn't work. I'm all for regualted distribution in the same manner as alcohol and taxed accordingly ;) Free gas for everyone!

Sorry that I get frustrated when ignorance is spewed about one of the most helpful plants for industrial and medical use on the face of the planet. Maybe that's the source of my emotions.

No need to apologize to me. I don't care either way. I made my own decision and you have a right to yours. :hug::

Color me paranoid about gubbermint agencies, but here's my inital take on the NIDA. First off, I didn't know it existed and that my taxes are helping to subsidize this part of the gubbermint , but then I look at their mission statement.
Mission

NIDA's mission is to lead the Nation in bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction.
On the surface, it would seem to be a benifit to the entire American population. But if you look closer..... "the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction." Who's science? Why are you bearing on me? Just in a quick look at "bear" on dictionary.com, there are 33 uses of the verb "bear" (with or without an object). To which are they referring? Additionally, their mission seems to be spearheaded towards a definite problem in American society. This is good, right? To me it seems a mission to get funding from Joe Blow's paycheck. Where's the prevention angle?

Okay, so to me, a mission statement is just that..... A STATEMENT. A one sentenced compilation, albeit they can sometimes be long winded with parenthesis, semi-colons and such, desrciption of what exactly is the prime directive steering this vessel. But NOooo, not with the NIDA. They carry on.............

This charge has two critical components. The first is the strategic support and conduct of research across a broad range of disciplines. The second is ensuring the rapid and effective dissemination and use of the results of that research to significantly improve prevention, treatment and policy as it relates to drug abuse and addiction.
Now it gets interesting. "The first is the strategic support and conduct of research across a broad range of disciplines." Disciplines? And a broad range at that? WTF?

"The second is ensuring the rapid and effective dissemination... Okay, gotta stop here. Dissemination? That tends to leave a foul taste on my tounge.
definition of disseminate: to scatter or spread widely, as though sowing seed; promulgate extensively; broadcast; disperse: to disseminate information about preventive medicine.
Throw enough $hit against a wall and eventually some of it will stick.
and use of the results of that research
....... again, who's research?
to significantly improve prevention, treatment and policy as it relates to drug abuse and addiction.
Ahhhh, here we go. Finally, the treatment and prevention clause. The reason for the funding.

Just my 2¢.

I don't care for big government. I'm not affiliated with, nor subscribe, to any political persuassion.

Last edited:
not saying i didn't do it when i was younger but i guess when you get older that phase passes by and its not as interesting anymore. Beer is where its at

Marijuana is safer than Alcohol. Just sayin'.

http://www.clinicalcorrelations.org/?p=2877 Sounds terribly safe, helpful and fun to me. Just say'in.

Seems the great stoner state of California considers marijuana smoke to be a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]carcinogen. California: Marijuana Smoke Added To State's List Of Carcinogens - NORML As reported by a stoner site.

This isn't the government talking here: Marijuana Use and Increased Risk of Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck

If you want to have some real fun go to a stoner forum and mention [/FONT]
[/FONT]cannabinoid hyperemesis. They will go nuts on both sides. Stoners claiming it is a guberment plot and stoners admitting to experiencing it or having friends etc that experience cannabinoid hyperemesis. Good for a lot of chuckles as they battle among themselves.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
I think it enhances. I have glaucoma :p kidding, i dont smoke "da urb" but I have seen the work of people on it and some of it is truly amazing

Last edited by a moderator:

36eb5955314414_1_thumb.jpg

[video=youtube;Y4Y7GMPJO64][video=youtube;Y4Y7GMPJO64]YouTube - Afro Man - Because I Got High[/video][/video]

How this video looks if you are high!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ODdvdREmYQ

I spent too many years indulging in altering my personal chemistry for a variety of reasons....some real, some imagined.

This is my experience with any and all psychoactives, including alcohol:

The first time I got stoned, drunk, or hallucinated, I felt I understood myself and the world around me just a little bit better. I felt I had learned a valuable lesson. Every Time After That was a complete waste of my time. I learned nothing new, I was chasing rainbows.

I often wish I had that time back.

16 years drunk and stoned....24 years sober since

not saying i didn't do it when i was younger but i guess when you get older that phase passes by and its not as interesting anymore. Beer is where its at

Marijuana is safer than Alcohol. Just sayin'.

http://www.clinicalcorrelations.org/?p=2877 Sounds terribly safe, helpful and fun to me. Just say'in.

Seems the great stoner state of California considers marijuana smoke to be a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]carcinogen. California: Marijuana Smoke Added To State's List Of Carcinogens - NORML As reported by a stoner site.

This isn't the government talking here: Marijuana Use and Increased Risk of Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck

If you want to have some real fun go to a stoner forum and mention [/FONT]
[/FONT]cannabinoid hyperemesis. They will go nuts on both sides. Stoners claiming it is a guberment plot and stoners admitting to experiencing it or having friends etc that experience cannabinoid hyperemesis. Good for a lot of chuckles as they battle among themselves.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

You do realize that the ratio of "Canabanoid Hypermesis" cases to actual marijuana users is virtually insignificant. You also clearly didn't read the Norml article, because it stated that there was "limited" and "suggestive" evidence that it causes cancer. In addition to that, Marijuana and marijuana edibles are not classified as carcinogens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back