Votes: 56 48.7%
  • Has no effect on creativity

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • Diminishes creativity

Votes: 33 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To tell the truth, I never did this experiment but I've heard from other friends that it causes creativity.

Florida is the most ass-backwards state in the Union. Can't get medical pot, actually a good majority of our incarcerations are over pot possession and or sales. Can't get married if you're gay. Can't buy a 40 oz. but you can buy a bottle of Captain 151. Right to work state = low wages.

I'm getting my 4-year degree, maybe even an 8-year Masters and breaking out of this place like Shawshank Redemption.

And taking all of my photo equipment with me. :thumbup:

After declassifying to class C over here which usually meant a caution/small fine our brilliant leaders who get big backhanders from the brewers, upped the class to B again, so its back to big fine/prison, I don't give a $hit, I smoke, every night and have done when supplies are available since 1971 and if it was legal I wouldn't drink socially any more, I'd just spark up a stogey. H

It makes you THINK you're more creative.
It's fun in moderation. They should legalise it.

It really depends on the individual and obviously on the medium. Personally, it either:
A) Has no effect on creativity
B) Diminishes creativity
or
C) Enhances creativity, but what I'm creating is usually crap.

Actual hallucinogens (e.g. mushrooms) on the other hand--though the effects are extremely variable--definitely enhance creativity. But they typically are not good for photography because everything looks amazing. I remember once spending 45 minutes on mushrooms taking pictures of my stucco ceiling. The results were not fantastic.

No it really depends on the definition of creativity.

I have a beautiful picture on my wall which makes me happy every time I look at it. It's perfectly exposed the horizon is perfectly straight and it's a wonderful balance of powerful features amongst a plane.

On dope it would be crooked, blown out and likely have some highly distracting crap in it and covered with motion blur. No doubt while still under the influence of dope I wouldn't be here saying how good it was, I'd be telling you the photo is "creative".

I saw a whole gallery one day of an artist who took night time city shots handheld with 15+ seconds of shutterspeed. Not just one picture, but a whole gallery of worthless garbage. Apparently that was creative, who knew :)

Anyone who uses it is a dope, unless they have MS

I always thought your head was a bit thick. This really proves my point. It works great for MS, but why does it suddenly become a bad thing when people use it for enjoyment? It doesn't have any negative health benefits, and it's the only plant with the most medicinal value. Whereas alcohol and tobacco deaths are extremely high. There is not ANY instance of marijuana as a result of death. Ever.

It may be fun and all but getting F-ed up means that you are F-ed up. So, if you do your best work while impaired then your best work is an accident and you must not be very good after all.

Sux but there it is.

You've obviously never smoked weed before.

Sucks but there it is.

The legalization and taxation of marijuana and industrial hemp in the United States could solve the health care system. The elimination or massive downsizing of the DEA would also bring great relief, because most of the money in the war on drugs is going to fight against Pot Growers. 4/5ths of British Columbia's drug enforcement budget goes to the apprehension and conviction of Marijuana related crimes. The remaining 1/5th is for ALL OTHER drugs.

I won't deny trying it but I never inhaled. :)

Honestly though, those that think they're are more creative while under the influence of a mind altering drug/medication just don't know how to use the mind without it. I don't drink or use non-prescribed drugs, not for 20 years. I don't need it. If you do then at least realize you have a need, a costly one.

i am an indulger of Mary Jane mainly for the soothing effects for my lower and middle back from years of abuse at work. never really been right blazed and doing any photography though... spinning records however! that is a different story. definitely enhances creativity.

No it really depends on the definition of creativity.

I have a beautiful picture on my wall which makes me happy every time I look at it. It's perfectly exposed the horizon is perfectly straight and it's a wonderful balance of powerful features amongst a plane.

On dope it would be crooked, blown out and likely have some highly distracting crap in it and covered with motion blur. No doubt while still under the influence of dope I wouldn't be here saying how good it was, I'd be telling you the photo is "creative".

I saw a whole gallery one day of an artist who took night time city shots handheld with 15+ seconds of shutterspeed. Not just one picture, but a whole gallery of worthless garbage. Apparently that was creative, who knew :)

I don't know what qualifies as "dope" in your world, but Marijuana does not effect your vision or your ability to discern a proper exposure. Perhaps if you were drinking alcohol, or something that heavily effected your motor skills, but not marijuana. It's makes you look extremely ignorant to suggest so.

smoking enables me to see past my biases, at least i think so...

anything you do stoned can be done better not stoned.... i'm all for legalization, no problem.

not saying i didn't do it when i was younger but i guess when you get older that phase passes by and its not as interesting anymore. Beer is where its at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back