Smugmug Packages - sorta

45mphK9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay - here is the situation. I am shooting "school pics" for a preschool that has around 100 to 120 students. I was planning on having parents just order their childs pics off of Smugmug. Now, the director wants me to put together packages. I know Smug mug doesn't do packages, so I thought I would offer both options. If they want a "package" or to pay cash or check, I will input their order & have it shipped to me. I think this has the potential to be a real headache. Am I right?

Also, the packages will actually cost me more in time then if they ordered their own. Therefore, I don't plan on making the packages any cheaper. Is that a marketing mistake?

Finally, I am setting up a pro acct with Smugmug - but haven't yet. I need to find out if the prices are per sheet or per print? I'm assuming per print.

Yes - I know I'm not prepared for this. And, no, I'm not doing it again next year. So any advice is greatly appreciated!

Finally, I am setting up a pro acct with Smugmug - but haven't yet. I need to find out if the prices are per sheet or per print? I'm assuming per print.

The prices are all set per print except for Wallets (4 to a sheet). Each wallet measures 2.5 x 3.5 inches and the set of four comes printed on a 5 x 7 sheet. They can be easily cut to separate.

If the photos are edited the way you want so when ordered from smugmug, then you won't have to do anything else on that side.

For packages, put together several the the parents can have an option of ordering. Make sure everything is documented correctly, then order them yourself. That's what I would do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back