What's new

Snakes pt. 1

jubbin2001

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
153
Reaction score
15
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to my brother's to photograph some of his slithery friends. Here are some that I thought turned out.

JaguarCoastalCarpet_zpsd3652ab0.jpg


Blackhead_zps5fb4e784.jpg


CoastalCarpet_zps8a5ba146.jpg


Bredli_zpscd04f5ba.jpg


Let me know what you think.
 
I love the composition of the first one. I find that the out of focus portion of the snake to the bottom left is a bit more exposed than the rest and is pulling my eye away from the snake's head - perhaps some burning on that region would do it justice. Also, a vibrance / saturation boost would look better, this looks washed out to me.
 
I did a quick little edit to see if it's better (I didn't want to over cook it). I thought the same thing about it looking washed out. Honestly its actually a pretty close to that snake's actual color, but I must admit bumping up the saturation/vibrance looks more pleasing to me. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it :thumbup:.

JaguarCoastalCarpet_Redox_zps8cf09d12.jpg
 
I did a quick little edit to see if it's better (I didn't want to over cook it). I thought the same thing about it looking washed out. Honestly its actually a pretty close to that snake's actual color, but I must admit bumping up the saturation/vibrance looks more pleasing to me. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it :thumbup:.

JaguarCoastalCarpet_Redox_zps8cf09d12.jpg


Who says photography shows what was ACTUALLY there? :sexywink:

I like the edit much better, my eye is drawn to the center where it appears to be slightly brighter, and the colors are much more pleasing. Good job!
 
Thanks for the tips! I think my brother is actually going to end up hanging #1 on the wall, so thanks again for the help!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom