snap shots!

Mel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok another question... when I go to weddings, parties, any special occation I take my camera. Right now i'm sort of stuck. When i'm taking snap shots, they look so snap shotty:lol: if you know what i mean. I would like them to be above and beyond what the next person is shooting. any suggestions? Cause there are always so many people around. so you'll get someone in the back round picking their nose when you are trying to get a nice pic. I know I could make the people go over to a wall but how boring and really they wouldn't want to. :) and suggestions?

Charisma... and turn the camera vertical. Be filthy and make them laugh. Be involved. Don't do "I AM GOING TO TAKE A PICTURE NOW!", just click away subtley.

Rob

Get closer or use a longer lens...do something so that your subject fills your frame.

Use a wide aperture, it helps to blur the background.

Don't fire your flash directly at your subject...this alone will make your party shots much better than 90% of shots from little digi-cams that everybody has. Use window light, use a flash but use one that can be bounced off of walls or ceilings.

Don't be shy.

I've gone and sat at someones table, at a wedding reception, and started chatting with them. At first they look at you thinking-what's with this creep-but once I get them laughing, I ask if I can take a picture. Most of the time they are more than willing to pose for me.

Can't say it works all the time, but I have a blast and so does everyone else. :lol:

Most reactions

Back