Snow angel!

_jessicalynn_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
$image-276071832.jpg

Hard to tell on that size photo but his face appears way overprocessed to me. It's just too smooth--kind of like a geisha.

The face is so processed relative to the jacket that it looks like you photoshopped a child's face in there.

You seem to have adjusted the light/values on the kid's face fairly dramatically, in particular the shadows that should be cast by the hood are absent or subdued to near invisibility. This is why it looks photoshopped. The overly smooth skin, while flattering, is taken too far for realism.

very cute, though i wish her features were not so overly smoothed.

I wanted it cool and doll like, this is the sooc shot.

$image-2592606354.jpg

I was inspired by this Instagram version ( can I say that out loud, lol), which led me to my original post. I love it! He's my son so maybe I'm biased.

$image-4217927829.jpg

I like both. Saying that i think the original in my opinion looks best, gives the face depth.

Cute kid!

Look closely at the shadows on the face of the sooc shot, and then at your processed one.

The processing has eliminated some modeling, and reduced and softened the other shadows. The light on the face no longer matches the light on the jacket - the face appears as it lit by a softbox up very very close, and the jacket has rather more ordinary light on it, more or less. So the face no longer appears to go in that place inside the hood. To my eye, anyways.

EACH version offers something good! Good work. Period.

amolitor said:
Look closely at the shadows on the face of the sooc shot, and then at your processed one.

The processing has eliminated some modeling, and reduced and softened the other shadows. The light on the face no longer matches the light on the jacket - the face appears as it lit by a softbox up very very close, and the jacket has rather more ordinary light on it, more or less. So the face no longer appears to go in that place inside the hood. To my eye, anyways.

I see what your saying. Unfortunately/fortunately I don't have that detailed of an eye, I view/value/judge things almost strictly on how it moves me emotionally. Maybe that will change in time as I further along in my photography. I like the sooc camera one, but wanted to go for an icy , porcelain look.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back