snow black and white

Andrea K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i posted this in the photo gallery along with others i took yesterday, and i am posting it again in here to get specific critique on this picture. i am interested in getting this picture printed and framed and would like to know what others think.

thanks in advance :D

snow3.jpg

bump...nobody has any suggestions? i guess it is perfect :greenpbl:

thanks Rob, for the comment. (it probably isnt the best thing for the car, but it is now cleaned off :D )

I looked at this picture a few times trying to come up with some kindof suggestion, but I can't come up with anything. For me thispicture doesn't speak to me. I really like the idea...but I feelthere is something missing. Maybe add some more contrast? Maybe there is too much snow for the good of the picture? I can'tplace my fingure on it.

I know that isn't very helpful...I will keep thinknig about it. BUT the important thing is, if YOU like it and want to frame it...GOFOR IT!! :)

I agree with themonko...if you like it frame it b/c that's all that matters.

As far as critique goes, there really isn't a lot of contrast here, and the snow is a dirty grey color rather than white which is hard to get without it being blown. But for me something is missing in subject matter is well. What was the reasoning in taking this picture? What kind of emotion do you want it to convey? What sets this picture apart from other pictures of snow and cars? Hopefully that helps some :) Not the best of critiques, but some say the idea behind the picture speaks more than the picture itself :)

the reason i took the pic is because i've seen lots and lots of pics of front grills of cars...so my variation is that with some snow thrown in:D

thanks for the critiques

I think it is a great idea, but like others have said I think thepictiure would greatly benefit from a load more contrast, and Ipersonally would crop the top and bottom a bit tighter.

(I can show you an example if you like.....)

Cheers,
rhu

that is very sharp! Wow, congrats! dunno why but I have difficulities with focus especially on bright white areas :(

Most reactions

Back