Snow Covered Landscapes... Suggestions?

First of all tell me why you were unsatisfied with the results. What were you tying to do? And what didn't you like about what you got?
We need to start somewhere.

Did they come out too gray? Most meters try to make everything 18% gray, so if you're shooting mostly white, it will overexpose it, trying to make it gray. You probably need to underexpose a stop or two from what it is telling you. Hopefully I remembered this right. :p

Id say either
Use a warmup (81A or C...which ever gives the bigger effect)

For snow, use a Blue filter and unerexpose a few stops.

oriecat said:
Did they come out too gray? Most meters try to make everything 18% gray, so if you're shooting mostly white, it will overexpose it, trying to make it gray. You probably need to underexpose a stop or two from what it is telling you. Hopefully I remembered this right. :p

You need to over expose. :D Turn snow from gray to white by adding exposure. Turn dark subject matter from gray to black by under exposing (assuming you are metering off the dark subject matter).

oriecat said:
Damnit! I am exposure dyslexic :|

Just think of your subject as middle gray, and then what do you need to do to get it brighter (add light) or darker (subtract light).

:D

Most reactions

Back