Snow In East Tennessee

Scott Whaley

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It isn't very often we get snow on Christmas day here in East Tennessee. This year was just awesome. My wife & I drove through Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park yesterday and I was able to take a few photos. I purposefully underexposed the photos by a half stop so the snow would show up. Very little editing was done. I was using my Canon 5d mkiv with the stock lens. Here are my camera settings: f/5, 1/400 sec., ISO - 100, camera set to underexpose 1/2 stop. Hope you like them.

Snow In Cades Cove (1 of 83).jpg

Snow In Cades Cove (5 of 83).jpg

Snow In Cades Cove (10 of 83).jpg

Snow In Cades Cove (17 of 83).jpg

Snow In Cades Cove (37 of 83).jpg

Snow In Cades Cove (50 of 83).jpg
Snow In Cades Cove (69 of 83).jpg

Snow In Cades Cove (73 of 83).jpg

Last edited:
I bet it was really beautiful. Haven't been to Cades Cove during snow cover but been to other parts of the park in the snow. One thing that would help us in viewing is if you reduced the size of the files before posting.

I bet it was really beautiful. Haven't been to Cades Cove during snow cover but been to other parts of the park in the snow. One thing that would help us in viewing is if you reduced the size of the files before posting.

Sorry about that. I forgot to lower the file size when exporting them. They are now resized.

Sorry about that. I forgot to lower the file size when exporting them. They are now resized.

Much better!!! Very nice set. We were there in Sept. My 5 yr old granddaughter and DIL rode the loop in lawn chairs in the back of the truck. Great day!

We actually had a light dusting. Christmas Eve,

Last edited:
I love it when you guys post snow shots. It makes me feel cooler when its 39C here lol.

Great set of a beautiful place and you did well to underexpose like that, it made a difference. Can't wait to ride the bike up that way again ..... in the spring.

Great set of a beautiful place and you did well to underexpose like that, it made a difference. Can't wait to ride the bike up that way again ..... in the spring.

Thanks, Kirk!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back