Snowies must have an "ironic" sense of humor

18.percent.gary

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know owls are wise (or at least they look like they are) so I'm pretty sure they like to mess with us crazy humans for their own enjoyment.

I stalked this guy through acres of frozen open marsh trying to get close enough for a decent shot. Finally he perched on the edge of the marsh and the beautiful rocky coastline we have here in New Hampshire. Of course... he picked the only ugly man-made structure within a quarter mile!

$DSC_9728-Edit-2.jpg

He let me take a few shots then swept down TOWARDS me, to about 50 yards away... and landed on the only other ugly man-made thing in sight. Sigh.

$DSC_9710-Edit.jpg

$DSC_9712-Edit-2.jpg

At one point he was either hacking up a hairball from a mouse he ate or, quite possibly, he was laughing at me.

Anyways, I'll be back to find him again soon and start the game over again. Happy Holidays Folks from me and Snowy!

I have the same problem with my teenager - I can never tell when she's coughing up a mouse or just laughing at me.. lol

Yikes!

Lol.. there are some very good reasons why my ex-wife usually refers to her as "my daughter". As in, "You need to come get your daughter before I kill her" and "Do you know what your daughter said to me?"

I was wondering what he was laughing at when he got to me.

$_SNO1685-2.JPG

LOL, that is irony for sure! At least you found one, which is incredibly awesome!

Young snowy owls are fairly curious, if you sit in one spot and wait, they'll come to you. Originally this one was maybe 60 yards away, but soon enough moved to about half that. And just when I figured I'd gotten enough... it came up and sat on a post on the opposite side of the road from me, so close that the 800mm lens wouldn't focus close enough and I had to switch to something shorter. This was shot in 2006 with a Nikon D2x and an 800-200mm f/2.8.

d2x_7934x.jpg

Most reactions

Back