Snowy In the Surf

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I thought I would change it up a bit and get a different angle on birds in the water, so I went out in the surf with them vs just shooting from the shore and catching the waves behind them. I think I like the waves going past them better. I think there's more the sense of motion.

123497-studio.jpg

Everything comes to he/she who waits. ;) Nice shot.

Nice shot. We have egrets up here in the north when years ago you never saw any. Yesterday I saw an ibis or maybe it was a heron, other birds you never saw in NJ or NY a while back.

Nice shot. We have egrets up here in the north when years ago you never saw any. Yesterday I saw an ibis or maybe it was a heron, other birds you never saw in NJ or NY a while back.
Thanks, Alan. Get some shots of them sometime, I'd like to see them.

Thanks, Alan. Get some shots of them sometime, I'd like to see them.
Here's one of egrets I took 35 years ago some place in NY with a Mamiya RB67 medium format camera with Velvia 50. Fortunately, I needed to slow down the shutter for the exposure which serendipity provided blurring wings.

This one of a swan was taken at 1/4 second, also with the same equipment and film. I was standing in a parking lot at a beach on Long Island Sound, turned around and there was this scene. I got a little lucky.

Here's one of egrets I took 35 years ago some place in NY with a Mamiya RB67 medium format camera with Velvia 50. Fortunately, I needed to slow down the shutter for the exposure which serendipity provided blurring wings.

This one of a swan was taken at 1/4 second, also with the same equipment and film. I was standing in a parking lot at a beach on Long Island Sound, turned around and there was this scene. I got a little lucky.

Wow! Those are both beautiful images, I especially like #2, love the color and comp., great catch!
Got more like this? If so, you should post them.

Thanks Kirk. I'm not into bird shots, particularly, unless they're part of the overall landscape shot view. In any case with my equipment, I really can't get close enough or shoot fast enough. The one shot I want to get around here in central New Jersey is turkey vultures feeding on road kill. There are loads of dead deer around here due to getting hit by vehicles. Sometimes, they all gather by the kill right off the side of the road picking at the bones. They're a little skittish. But I think I might be able to slip out of my car, sneak up on them, and get a close shot. We'll see.

Here's the closest shot I got of a bird. With a P&S. Outside City Hall in NYC. It came to me. :)

Most reactions

Back