Snowy Street in NYC - C&C please

KrisztinaK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was taken during the snow storm that hit NYC last month.
We were driving around looking for a few last shots and this street caught my eye.

C&C please

SS 1/200, f/8.0, ISO 200

$IMG_6794_web800.jpg

I would have never guessed this was NYC unless you mentioned it. Could be any other city with snow ... then again, those cars seem to go on forever. The B&W conversion is nicely done. My only suggestion would be to allow more play into the composition. This one is composed very symmetrically, which is fine, but I think with a scene like this, an unexpected, unconventional, or experimental approach can add a lot of interest. Hope that helps!

I should correct myself, it is NYC but not Manhattan. Just over the 59th Street bridge though, maybe 10 minutes on the other side.

Incidentally, this shot was taken for a theme on Symmetry. So while it certainly fits the theme, it does not necessarily mean it is the best choice of composition.

I do see what you are saying about the composition. I probably should have taken this from a few different angles, just to see what works better. At least until I can get the knack for street scenes like this.

I really do appreciate your input, both compliment and critique.

Most reactions

Back