So cute for C&C

KAikens318

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

The image is cute but there seems to be some camera shake making the images slightly blurry. I think a reflector to bounce some light back into the shadowed areas would have helped quite a bit.

i dont see any image shake. i think negative people will always find something wrong with a photo.

nice pics :)

i dont see any image shake. i think negative people will always find something wrong with a photo.

I have a reflector, was going to use it but the little monkey doesn't sit still for more than a millisecond so any pic I get has to be done quickly. Lol.

Might not be camera shake, but the left eye in the bottom image is blurry or very soft. Force of habit...when I see portraits I look at the eyes first. If they're not in focus it bothers me.

What were the shot settings for these?

Might not be camera shake, but the left eye in the bottom image is blurry or very soft. Force of habit...when I see portraits I look at the eyes first. If they're not in focus it bothers me.

its partially shrouded in darkness... i've seen a number of your posts tonight where you claim there's camera shake in all of them - maybe you have add and cant keep your head still - or parkinsons. :lol:

to the OP - its just the eye is shadows - pic looks good as is.

I am not sure what the settings were, I believe that I had the ISO at 400, the F-Stop was 4.8 and my shutter was 1/80, but I am not positive.

I am not sure what the settings were

First image:

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D80
Image Date: 2009:08:05 15:39:32
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 40.0mm (35mm equivalent: 60mm)
Exposure Time: 0.013 s (1/80)
Aperture: f/5.0
ISO equiv: 500
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual

Second Image:

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D80
Image Date: 2009:08:05 15:39:00
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 38.0mm (35mm equivalent: 57mm)
Exposure Time: 0.013 s (1/80)
Aperture: f/4.8
ISO equiv: 500
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual

The OP asked for C&C and he gave what he thought needed to be worked on. How is that negative? If everyone only got positive comments, no one would improve. Personally, I'd be happy if I only got constructive (but negative) criticism everytime I posted so I could learn. It's actually frustrating to me when I get a thread full of "Nice Pics!" because I don't know what I could improve.

I like the pics, they're very cute, but I have to agree with Samanax that the eyes look blurry to me. Whether it's camera shake, being out of focus, or something else, I have no idea. I do like the concept and the composition of both shots, however.

It's not hand-shake. The tell-tale sign of handshake is that the entire image suffers from the same distortion.

In the first image, the hand and the outer eyelashes of the subject's left eye are in tack-sharp focus. It's also fairly wide (f/5) and close up, so anything behind that plane will loose focus, hence the far eye being really out of focus.

In the second, the hand again is the sharp focus but no parts of the eye share the same plane.

This close in, in order to get both eyes in focus you'd have to have an F stop of 11 or so (or likely a bit higher) and focus on the left eye of the subject. That narrow an aperture would still get the hand in focus as well as the other eye.

In the second image, F8 would probably suffice.

In both images, the focus and DOF make the subject the hand, not the child. In terms of color, the reds are a big boosted.

The blown out parts (window behind, I think) are large enough you can mostly ignore them but I did find them slightly distracting.

They're cute pictures though. I'd certainly call them keepers for the memory book.

There is some blur, but it's not from camera shake. If you haven't spotted it, it's between his ear and his left eye ( in pic 2). It could be natural from the outside light or it also could be applied.

it looks like missed focus, and sam is right...eyes should be in focus...first thing i noticed too.
hey mtalicarox...you know anyone with parkinsons?

it looks like missed focus, and sam is right...eyes should be in focus...first thing i noticed too.
hey mtalicarox...you know anyone with parkinsons?
my grandfather.

sorry to hear it.
doesn't make you more sensitive?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back