So freaking annoyed.

pjaye

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just needed to vent. I shop a lot on ebay, never had a problem. Ordered the boyfriend a battery grip for his D50. Title of ad said fits the D50, listing itself said, fits D50. I went ahead and left feedback on Friday (I know, stupid stupid stupid) before I actually had the item. I was notified that it was here for delivery and although I never ever leave feedback before I had the item in hand, I did this once.

And the grip doesn't fit. Not even close.

So now I have to dispute this through paypal, but I'm so pissed it doesn't fit. We had plans to go to photography this weekend and he was so excited to have his grip. The seller wants a 15% restocking fee, AND for me to pay return shipping. I also can't revise the freaking feedback.

I'm more annoyed with myself.

Argh. Ok, all done venting now.

I would send a nice and civil note to the seller and tell them that if they cant cover at least ONE of the costs of the return, you are going to dispute the feedback with EBAY claiming you gave the wrong item feedback, get the positive feedback revoked, and then leave them negative feedback. they dont know how many items you have waiting for feedback. a threat of negative feedback (or even the possibility) might be enough for them to give a little.

also, contact Ebay and find out if you DO have any options for editing the feedback if you left it on "accident"

Will a 3200 grip fit a d50?

No option to edit feedback.

If the seller wants a restocking fee for a mislisted or wrong item, it's time to file a PP claim.

I did contact the seller, they want the restocking fee and the return shipping paid by me. And no, you can't revise feedback on ebay unfortunately.

I would not have a problem paying return shipping and restocking fee if I had screwed up and ordered the wrong item. I didn't. Their listing specifically stated, for a Nikon D50. It was in the title and the listing. They assured me it would fit. It doesn't. Not even close. Since I was buying the item used, I had (again stupidly) assumed they had actually tried it on a D50.

I screwed up by leaving the feedback before actually seeing the item. I rely on feedback when buying and I'm upset that I left this feedback that another buyer may rely on. I know, there is tons of feedback, what does mine matter. It's the principal of the matter.

I've filed with paypal. I'm not willing to pay for their mistake. Either I'm stuck with a grip I can't use unless I buy another camera (totally ridiculous) or I'm out money because they listed something incorrectly. I'm not happy with either of those solutions.

Sparky, did you edit your post? I got an email notification and it had your post in it, but it was completely different than what was actually here.

I did contact the seller, they want the restocking fee and the return shipping paid by me. And no, you can't revise feedback on ebay unfortunately.

I would not have a problem paying return shipping and restocking fee if I had screwed up and ordered the wrong item. I didn't. Their listing specifically stated, for a Nikon D50. It was in the title and the listing. They assured me it would fit. It doesn't. Not even close. Since I was buying the item used, I had (again stupidly) assumed they had actually tried it on a D50.

I screwed up by leaving the feedback before actually seeing the item. I rely on feedback when buying and I'm upset that I left this feedback that another buyer may rely on. I know, there is tons of feedback, what does mine matter. It's the principal of the matter.

I've filed with paypal. I'm not willing to pay for their mistake. Either I'm stuck with a grip I can't use unless I buy another camera (totally ridiculous) or I'm out money because they listed something incorrectly. I'm not happy with either of those solutions.

Sparky, did you edit your post? I got an email notification and it had your post in it, but it was completely different than what was actually here.

what grip is it?

.......Sparky, did you edit your post? I got an email notification and it had your post in it, but it was completely different than what was actually here.

I did. I published too soon. I missed your contacting the seller. So I revised it.

.......Sparky, did you edit your post? I got an email notification and it had your post in it, but it was completely different than what was actually here.

I did. I published too soon. I missed your contacting the seller. So I revised it.

Oh thank goodness. I'm having a really bad day and I thought my email was screwing up. That would just top off my day.

What camera is it made for? Does it have a model number?

It's made for the D40 and D60 - Targus TG-BGD40 Battery Grip.

When I bought it, we were in Mississauga and I was on my blackberry. I emailed the seller to confirm that it would fit on the Nikon D50 (and I have that email thankfully). They assured me it would fit. And again, it was in the title of the listing and in the listing itself. So I bought it. Yup, I should have researched it further. That part was my mistake, and it won't happen again. But they told me it would fit.

Given the fact that the D50 is in the listing, you should have no problems getting your money back. You may need to pull out your ace in the hole... the email.

PayPal is, by default, 99.9% on your side.

It's made for the D40 and D60 - Targus TG-BGD40 Battery Grip.

When I bought it, we were in Mississauga and I was on my blackberry. I emailed the seller to confirm that it would fit on the Nikon D50 (and I have that email thankfully). They assured me it would fit. And again, it was in the title of the listing and in the listing itself. So I bought it. Yup, I should have researched it further. That part was my mistake, and it won't happen again. But they told me it would fit.

ouch.
shame about the feedback already left.
negative feedback threats often get good results from sellers that dont have 50k of feedback.

Yup, I think PayPal will take your side.
I had a dispute like that ... item described was not correct ... PayPal refunded me the total cost of the item, and I did not have to send it back to the seller !!

Post the seller, so we don't buy from him.

Most reactions

Back