Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Have you checked it lately?

Have you ever checked it?

Good thing I make it part of my routine. Ended up with a flat this morning. If I was like most people, I'd have a perfectly good tire and rim, but no air in it. Half hour after pulling off the street into a parking lot, I was back on the road. A bit dirtier than normal, but at least back on the road.

So take time to check your spare, as well as whatever tools you'll need to change a tire out in the boonies. Sure, it sucks to have to do so, but it sure beats having to call a tow truck or tire service place and sit and wait.

I don't check the air pressure in my spare but since it hangs on the back of my jeep, I do lean against it from time to time and know that it has air in it.

I once put 4 "donuts" on my subaru and played around in the snow, good fun.

I don't check the air pressure in my spare but since it hangs on the back of my jeep, I do lean against it from time to time and know that it has air in it.

I'd wager your Jeep will apply a tad bit more pressure than you are capable of.

I'd wager your Jeep will apply a tad bit more pressure than you are capable of.

I'd wager that a tire isn't the only spare part you should be carrying if you drive a jeep. ;)

Runnah wins and is truly correct. The spare has enough air in it to get the job done. It's a cheaper wheel than the ones on the ground so at the very least, I wouldn't ruin the good wheel.

Glad to see this incident has deflated your confidence. You really seem to have an air-tight routine. Me? I'd just fall flat.

Jeez. He shoots with Canon, and drives a Jeep.
30.gif

j/k! I couldn't resist that one!

Huh.

That reminds me. I wonder if I *have* a spare.
I'm just kidding. I know I do. I checked it, when I bought the car. In Dec. 2013. Haven't seen it since. :lol:

True confession that will make all the guys on here irritated with me:
Not only do I not know if my spare is properly inflated...I was driving home after visiting Mom at the rehab a few weeks ago. It was raining, and I hate driving in the rain. I kept feeling like my car was really wanting to hydroplane--at some point, I wondered if maybe one of my tires was low and that's why the car was seeming to want to go all over the place. So when I got home, I looked at the tires. They all looked good (no, I didn't check the actual pressure, mostly because I haven't had one of those little tire pressure gauges in about six months, since I ran over the one I had...). However, on further inspection, I realized that the problem was worse than low tire pressure. The two front tires were so threadbare that there were strands of metal poking through!

I did go the next morning and get new tires. And I swear I am not *usually* nearly that bad about checking stuff like that. Well, okay, yes I am. But I'm usually pretty good about having my SON keep everything checked out on my car. But he's been gone most of the summer, and I've been distracted.

Mine is right where it should be. But then the spare even has a pressure sensor so if it were to go low it would tell me.

Have you checked it lately?

Have you ever checked it?

Good thing I make it part of my routine. Ended up with a flat this morning. If I was like most people, I'd have a perfectly good tire and rim, but no air in it. Half hour after pulling off the street into a parking lot, I was back on the road. A bit dirtier than normal, but at least back on the road.

So take time to check your spare, as well as whatever tools you'll need to change a tire out in the boonies. Sure, it sucks to have to do so, but it sure beats having to call a tow truck or tire service place and sit and wait.
Be honest, was it really that big a deal? I mean the tire was only flat on one side. The ride would only have been slightly uncomfortable 1/4 of the time. :laughing:

Most reactions

Back