So I bought a Wacom tablet

Forkie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.ianforknall.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My new Wacom Intuos Pro Small arrived yesterday, and boy, will this take some getting used to! :boggled:

Someone please tell me it gets better! Just getting used to the pressure and using it to move around the screen instead of a mouse is HARD!

Last edited:
It gets better.

It gets MUCH, MUCH better.

Hang with it.

Kinda like the way I taught my boys to drive stick-shift cars. I told them, "here's what's gonna happen. You're going to push in the clutch, and put the car in gear, then you're going to release the clutch as you push in the gas...and the car is going to lug out and die. Then you're going to do that a bunch more times. THEN, it's finally going to work, and you'll get the hang of it." :lol:

At least you don't have to restart the Wacom every time you "lug out." :laughing:

It's all gonna be worth it! I think it took me about two weeks of forcing myself to keep at it before I really got comfortable with it.

Now, I wouldn't even think about editing without it.

You mean you've been editing this whole time with a mouse!? Ouch!

It will really get better when you reduce the size of your working area to like 2x1.5 inch :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE!

So, I've been forcing myself to use the tablet to get myself used to the pen pressure, moving around the pad and playing with my settings in Photoshop to get it to work the way I want it to and I've been revisiting some previously rejected images that I couldn't have edited before with a mouse.

In the below photo, I wouldn't have been able to remove the shadow of the glasses on her face, because I couldn't get close enough or delicate enough to remove it effectively where it connected with the model's nose.

The delicacy of the pen is started to hit me. I've been able to remove wrinkles subtly, so it doesn't look I've simply wiped them clean away. I can remove a single wrinkle whilst maintaining skin texture and masking is on a whole other level now!

You were all right. Once I perfect it, I can't see me ever being able to edit with a mouse again!!

(the 16:9 black bands are purely an artistic choice not related to using the pen tablet!)

JLEYLAND-578beforeandafter.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back