So I finally got my own place.

bantor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jrcreations.bravehost.com
The title says it all. I am at last moving out of the parents basement and into my own apartment. I am moving in with a friend of mine.

I went and checked it out, it is a nice place, a little small, but nice none the less. It is 950sq.ft. It will indeed be a little crammped with two guys, but as soon as we go over 1000sq.ft the price goes WAY up. We are paying 1000$ a month. That included all utilites also. It also has a microwave, a oven/stove, a dishwasher, a washer and dryer, and fridge. It has tile in the kitchen and carpet every where else. It is pretty cool.

I am really looking forward to it. May 1st is move in day. Hora.

Congrats...sounds like a nice place. It's always fun to move into your own apartment. If I were you, I'd start getting all the little thinkgs together now. I mean stuff like trash cans/liners, cleaning supplies, bathroom stuff and kitchen stuff. These are the things you forget about when you move for the first time. Have fun...Yay for you!

Traci said:
Congrats...sounds like a nice place. It's always fun to move into your own apartment. If I were you, I'd start getting all the little thinkgs together now. I mean stuff like trash cans/liners, cleaning supplies, bathroom stuff and kitchen stuff. These are the things you forget about when you move for the first time. Have fun...Yay for you!

Thanks! I agree. I am going to start getting my stuff together right away. The good thing is, the friend i am moving in with has been living on his own for about 6 months now so he has alot of stuff, but i want to buy a full brand new kitchen set, and new pots and pans. Not saying his are not good, but i really like to cook with high quality stuff.

Also i have to get a bed, It never occured to me how much they cost until now. I am sure how much things cost is going to keep surprising me.

Congrats on your new place!

How I wish I could also transfer to other place..

sounds cool and great place to stay with...good luck man..

Rob's tip for moving into your first place: Avoid accepting other people's helpful offers of junk furniture! You'll never get rid of it!!

Rob

Quite true Rob, I've been in my place for 4 years now and I still have 2 sofas because I can't get rid of the one that was given to me by a friend.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back