What's new

So I had my first 'gig' today, and I have some good shots! I think... (C&C)

TheKenTurner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
562
Reaction score
32
Location
Ottawa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So today I volunteered for Doors Open Ottawa, and they randomly assigned me as photographer (I didn't tell them I like to take photos). These are some of the pictures I'm happier about. Please, feel free to comment on them.

#1
7330627178_c6ab6cd29b_k.jpg


#2
7330564782_d3724c7037_k.jpg


#3
7330786560_282e3cc742_k.jpg


#4
7330822224_2602ff2118_k.jpg


The rest of the pictures can be found when you click here!
 
Pretty nice, overall, at least as far as my untrained eyes can tell. In your place, I might try the following:

#1: I'd crop close to her face and cute little hat, and leave out the stroller, etc.; adjust exposure
#2: crop out name tag and woman's hair
#3: crop out people in background(?)
#4: adjust exposure; crop out woman on right and moudling over man's head (if possible)
 
Pretty nice, overall, at least as far as my untrained eyes can tell. In your place, I might try the following:

#1: I'd crop close to her face and cute little hat, and leave out the stroller, etc.; adjust exposure
#2: crop out name tag and woman's hair
#3: crop out people in background(?)
#4: adjust exposure; crop out woman on right and moudling over man's head (if possible)

Thank you. I am going to be extremely busy for a while, but if I can find time, I will try to crop those photos and see how they turn out :)
 
#1 - When shooting kids, or animals, get down on their level. Also there is a big leg in the background coming out of her head.

#2 - Clone out the fuzzy hair on the left side of the frame. Personally I'd crop out the name tag as well as the hair at the left.

#3 - Slightly underexposed and the background badly detracts from the subject. Personally I'd try a portrait crop but I'm not sure there is enough room.

#4 - Who is the subject of the shot? If it's the white-haired guy a step to the right would have framed him much better. There are a lot of people adding nothing to the shot. Back of a head, a face with no body to go along with it, a broomstick poking up, and lot of dead space above the people.
 
#1 - When shooting kids, or animals, get down on their level. Also there is a big leg in the background coming out of her head.

#2 - Clone out the fuzzy hair on the left side of the frame. Personally I'd crop out the name tag as well as the hair at the left.

#3 - Slightly underexposed and the background badly detracts from the subject. Personally I'd try a portrait crop but I'm not sure there is enough room.

#4 - Who is the subject of the shot? If it's the white-haired guy a step to the right would have framed him much better. There are a lot of people adding nothing to the shot. Back of a head, a face with no body to go along with it, a broomstick poking up, and lot of dead space above the people.

Thank you. I didn't notic that leg shooting out of her head until you pointed that out, I'll keep that in mind.
In the second one, I wanted the hair an the name tag and hair because he was a tour guide, and I wanted to imply him talking to a group. The photos were taken for the buildings website (they said I could use these photos non-commercially).
Maybe on that 3rd one, I could pull off a 3:4 portrait crop instead of 2:3.
In that last shot, I wanted to show a conversation, but the guy in front couldn't stop moving, that was the best of the few shots I took there because he was not blocking any faces. I may crop out the face on the right, and the empty space on top, and on the left.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom