So I have to learn it all on my own...*Multiple Exposures*

Audyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
my teacher insists that the Canon cameras that he has (AE-1, AE-1 Program, FTb) will not make a multiple exposure like this: (and some reason i believe him! he's only been doing this for 30 years)

http://polihale.com/naalehu/1028.jpg

HOWEVER, what camera would i have to buy to make something like this? I'm wanting something from the years 1969-1977 (i'm sorry to be picky). :hugs::thumbup::mrgreen:

Well I know the EOS 620/610 are capable of multiple exposures - though I believe it might be slightly newer than your specified time frame.

Just looked it up, it is 1987, so won't work.

The Canon A1 will do the job. Likely going relatively cheap on e-bay. Bound to be tons of others.

It's not your camera that needs to be capable to do that it's your flash. A shot lile that is done with a longer shutter time and multiple pops of your flash I know a flash like an SB800 will do this automatically you do not really need your camera to do this automatically to do a shot like this jus open your shutter for a long exposure and experiment.

I have an EOS 620 for sale cheap in the for sale area, if you think you might go EOS anyhow...

The link doesn't work for me either. For me, it says forbidden AND 404 not found.

long exposure with multiple flash fire will do.....SB800 can probably do it automatically...and SB600 you can do it manually by pressing the flash button multiple times

Did one with a D50 before. In a dark room (no windows) and a black background had someone sit on a stool, looking straight at the camera. Held the shutter open, and used the flash from a P&S, then while the flash was recharging turned their head to one side, flash again from the P&S, then close the shutter. Looked pretty cool, I don't have the file though. I'm not sure, but I think we left a polarizer filter on the lens.

thanks guys! i was messing around a Bulb exposure during daylight (just to mess around, you know?)...and my teacher caught me and told me not to do that ****. is there anyway for me to keep my shutter open (1 minute to 5 minutes) for long periods of time without the B mode? I tried my cable release with 1000/second but as normal it didn't work.. ;)

That"s weird why would he tell you not to do that I can't think of any negative effect bulb might have on a camera.

Well, he should have been more specific, but there's no reason for bulb during the day. That is why.

The Canon EOS 3 does multiple exposures. You set the camera to take up to 9 exposures before advancing the film. For 9 exposures you set the exposure compensation button to -3 to get a properly exposed frame. There is no need to use flash.
Hope this helps!
It's the one feature I really miss with digital!

That"s weird why would he tell you not to do that I can't think of any negative effect bulb might have on a camera.

But considering that normal exposure at ISO 100 in full daylight would be 1/30th @ f/22, a 1 to 5 minute exposure is pretty much toast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back