So I need RED things to take pictures of!

westerngirl14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm entered in a photo contest and each week we are assigned a different color. We are to take pictures that express that color. For example, last week was yellow, and my submitted photos were of school buses, baby lambs, yellow tractor tire hub caps, bananas, and post it notes.

This week is RED. Any suggestions? THANKS!

Isn't there going to be a bunch of fireworks and stuff blowing up soon? Some of those will probably be red...

:lol:

Red lights. Go to a hat store/second hand shop and find one of those HUGE red hats women wore back in the 80's. ie http://www.nyfashionhats.com/catalog/DECEMBER HATS 243.jpg. Go to a sports car dealership and find a red sports car. Cut yourself (not a huge cut just a TINY one) or poke yourself with a needle and squeeze a drop of blood out. Take the shot with the blood still on the finger. Smear the blood on some white paper and take a shot. Take a que from a guy who took cooking oil, water, a glass pan and a colorful shirt under it. Instead of a colorful shirt use a red one. Set a white tablecloth, some candles and two glasses of red wine. If you can't get red wine take red and black food dyes and make your own.

Just a few off the top of my head.

Go on a walk and find red things? :greenpbl:

Maybe it's just me, but half the fun in those contests and the weekly thing I used to do with another forum is going out and trying to be creative on my own and finding something to fit within the theme.

_______ are red, violets are blue....

geez. The internets. Who helped you out on the yellow task?

p!nK (not red)

Here in So. Cal. there is a society called "The Red Hat Ladies". They go to events such as free luncheons for seniors etc., and they all wear red hats, some of which are outrageous. Google them and see if there are any in your area. You may get a two for one. Tom Beard

Books are read and can be bound in red.

I don't understand why people take the time and effort to reply to a thread if they are so put off by it? Just trying to get your post count up? Trying to run people off? I don't get it. Some people are not creative. I am NOT. If I asked about help with something it is because I am stuck. I find it hard to think outside of the box about certain things. It was funny as I was sitting here responding to this thread. I have a red cup, on a red table table cloth, with a red and black can, a red cell phone, red pencil, red tripod and some red VHS cassettes next to me. I did not mention any of those because I was trying to think a little outside of my box as if this had been my project. Nothing wrong with trying to inspire someone.

If you don't want to help some one. Don't. You don't even have to take the time and effort to respond at all. Just click the little red X in the upper right hand corner or your browser's back button and never ever look at the thread. Saves you time and effort and saves others from having to read your wasted type.

I don't understand why people take the time and effort to reply to a thread if they are so put off by it? Just trying to get your post count up? Trying to run people off? I don't get it. Some people are not creative. I am NOT. If I asked about help with something it is because I am stuck. I find it hard to think outside of the box about certain things. It was funny as I was sitting here responding to this thread. I have a red cup, on a red table table cloth, with a red and black can, a red cell phone, red pencil, red tripod and some red VHS cassettes next to me. I did not mention any of those because I was trying to think a little outside of my box as if this had been my project. Nothing wrong with trying to inspire someone.

If you don't want to help some one. Don't. You don't even have to take the time and effort to respond at all. Just click the little red X in the upper right hand corner or your browser's back button and never ever look at the thread. Saves you time and effort and saves others from having to read your wasted type.
My type wasn't wasted.

It was a legitimate suggestion. Go out and look for red things. Be INSPIRED by the things you see.

I dunno if you noticed... but photography... is an art... and art GENERALLY demands SOME SORT of creativity. All I, and others in their tough-lough kind of sarcastic way, were doing was trying to INSPIRE the OP to go out and seek out her creativity.

Some people are more creative than others with different things, but everyone has SOME sort of creativity.

So go find it. :greenpbl:

/legitimate, unwasted type.

Yeah e.rose I was not talking about you =) Yours was a legitimate suggestion.

I don't understand why people take the time and effort to reply to a thread if they are so put off by it? Just trying to get your post count up? Trying to run people off? I don't get it. Some people are not creative. I am NOT. If I asked about help with something it is because I am stuck. I find it hard to think outside of the box about certain things. It was funny as I was sitting here responding to this thread. I have a red cup, on a red table table cloth, with a red and black can, a red cell phone, red pencil, red tripod and some red VHS cassettes next to me. I did not mention any of those because I was trying to think a little outside of my box as if this had been my project. Nothing wrong with trying to inspire someone.If you don't want to help some one. Don't. You don't even have to take the time and effort to respond at all. Just click the little red X in the upper right hand corner or your browser's back button and never ever look at the thread. Saves you time and effort and saves others from having to read your wasted type.
Can we talk about wasting time telling others how or when they should post?:biglaugh:

Anyways...the thing is, giving the OP a list of obviously red objects to shoot, is pretty meaningless. What makes the image is how the object is shot. How it's composed. Even any conceptual ides that could be put forth. That's where the individuals creativity and view of the world comes into play. The OP should come up with their own ideas instead of using yours or ours. Using our ideas for a contest is rather disingenuous.

Can we talk about wasting time telling others how or when they should post?:biglaugh:

Anyways...the thing is, giving the OP a list of obviously red objects to shoot, is pretty meaningless. What makes the image is how the object is shot. How it's composed. Even any conceptual ides that could be put forth. That's where the individuals creativity and view of the world comes into play. The OP should come up with their own ideas instead of using yours or ours. Using our ideas for a contest is rather disingenuous.

I agree and disagree with you here. On one hand you say that "Using our ideas for a contest is rather disingenuous." but earlier you said "What makes the image is how the object is shot." There is nothing wrong with inspiring someone. It WILL be their shot when they take it. They may like the idea about the candles and wine glasses but they make EVERYTHING red or nothing but the candlesticks red. You even said in another thread " I still read anything I can get my hands on, looking for new insight, and varied applications of what I already thought I knew." You look for new insight in everything you read and that is kind of the same thing this person is doing. They are just in a time and place where they can get direct feedback on a subject they are currently working on. They don't have to go back and look at awesome books from the 1920's.

Yeah, all they have to do is look around them for red things. If you want make this a bigger issue, feel free.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back